Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

A few more this past week....

bethnorcal9
9 years ago

It's getting colder and colder. I hate winter because the blooms slow way down and my arthritic bones and joints start hurting all the time. As much as I hate to wish my life away, I really can't wait for spring and summer to come back. I hurt so much I can hardly do any of the much needed yard work.

Anyway, here are the latest blooms still popping out... plus a couple of pics of my latest hobby... making recycled thrift-store glass garden totems. It's fun. Altho collecting all the pieces takes up a lot of space in my dining room and for awhile we couldn't even see the top of the table. We rarely eat there anyway tho. LOL

BUTTERFLY
{{gwi:1292610}}

CRISTIN CIRA

DELILAH
{{gwi:1292613}}

GUY SAVOY
{{gwi:1292615}}

KAREN BLIXEN
{{gwi:1292616}}

KONFETTI

SILVERADO

SOLITUDE
{{gwi:1292619}}

SOUTH AFRICA
{{gwi:1292620}}

GLASS TOTEMS

Comments (8)

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

Beth, your photos are so inspiring! It must be nice to always be able to post new and unusual roses. Keep 'em coming!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

As usual, beautiful! Cristin Cira and Silverado are exquisite!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Butterfly is so cool. Does it always bloom like that? I agree with Kathy about your roses. I'm always curious when I open your threads. Love seeing all your beautiful and unusual roses. Judy

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Love, love 'Solitude'. Such a delightful color combo.

Your totems are fun. Did you make them?

• inga007
    9 years ago

Love you 3D photos, with a few new surprises.
    That's a pretty and interesting way to "recycle" unused glassware.

• kittymoonbeam
    9 years ago

Your collection of roses is amazing. I love the way you are putting glass in the garden. I started collecting blue glass bottles to make a bottle wall when we finally get rid of the old metal shed. Glass is a great thing anyway because it never rusts or rots away. It's easy to clean with ammonia water and a rag. I like that it is basically quartz sand. There's a place outside of Death Valley where you can get rocks used to make most of California's early glass. These rocks are old beach sand where the beach was there so long, only the quartz sand grains were left and all the grains were rolled over time into perfect little spheres. I would have loved to be on that beach. Think of it....a carribean blue beach of soft pure white sand where Death Valley is today.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Judy BUTTERFLY has so many petals that it takes awhile to open, and it does usually end up looking like this alot. It's an interesting rose.

Yes Irisgal I did make the totems. Got the idea from Pinterest. (I gotta stay off there...) I love garden decorations, and these are fun to design. It's amazing what you can find at the thrift stores. I look for "cheap" bud vases to use as the stem that goes over the rebar or other type of stake. Then start with larger bowls at the bottom, and various stemware with another bowl or fancy plate and something to top them off with. Little vases, tooth pick holders, candle holders, etc. Or if you can find a little glass statue or something. I use clear silicone to glue the pieces together. Then put a stake in the ground and stick 'em on there.

Kittymoonbeam, I have hundreds of those darn blue beer bottles. I was going to make bottle trees and edge flower beds, and do all sorts of things with them. But I still have to peel labels off and clean the glue off. I got tired of doing that. One of these days, I'll get to it. The cobalt blue glass is so beautiful.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! And I love the glass totems - so creative and fun. Glass realy is lovely in the light, too. Great way to compliment the gardens!