Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beautiful blooms - Double Knockout no less

Posted by milieu_serene 8b/SE GA (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 14:05

I know most folks don't think of the knockout roses as "roses".

But, check out the Thanksgiving blooms in GA.

From 2009-11-28

and

From 2009-11-28

and

From 2009-11-28

The lab is loving the day:

From 2009-11-28

and

From 2009-11-28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beautiful blooms - Double Knockout no less

Any rose that blooms for you is a good rose in my opinion... I remember seeing a beautiful "landscape rose" recently, I didn't get it only because I can't remember what it was, nothing to do with the name even though it would have been my first knockout or carefree something...

o

your knockout blooms look great!

o

i think the knockouts are as much a rose as any other.
they cut down or eliminate the use of pesticides in many areas of the country. that's a good thing! i wish all roses were like them. ;-)

o

I have a Knockout. They over done around here, but as part of a larger landscape where they don't dominate I think they're fine. Besides, IMO, anything that doesn't BS and repeats can't be automatically ruled out around here. My only objection is my red one sometimes looks pink.

o

That's the one I want to buy in the Spring. Did you order online or purchased locally? Looks so nice and healthy too; do you have any other KO roses?

o

Pippi, if the garden centers in your area are like the ones in my area, they will have dozens and dozens and dozens of Double Knockouts--so save ourself the cost of shipping and just buy it locally.

Kate

o

Pipp, as dublinbay says, you can normally pick the double knockouts up at your nearest big box store or local nursery.

We tend to buy them at the local Lowes in Vidalia off the "dead" rack for nearly half of normal price.

If you take those off the "dead" and reduced rack, plant them right away and be generous with the water and maybe some of the rose fertilizer, they will do wonderfully. If memory serves me correctly, we paid about $7 for most of what we bought instead on $12-14. So, you can just about get 2 for 1 that way AND as quickly as these grow, I don't see much reason to get anything larger than the gallon container.

Good luck!

BTW, we still have some blooms both at the farm outside Vidalia and at the house in Duluth (north Atlanta area).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here