Red Planet '12 2
Red Planet-new from Vintage this year
Eminence '12
Eminence-new from Vintage this year
Trade Winds '12 2
Trade Winds-new from vintage this year
Tenaicous '12 3
Tenaicous '12 2
Tenaicous-also new from Vintage this year, very pale in these pics, was hoping for more brighter colors from this one, hopefully next year I'll get them
Vavoom '12 2
Vavoom-new one this year, had one three years ago which died over the winter but always wanted to replace it with another one, finally caved in when saw one at local nursery, hopefully this one make it through this winter
Cinnamon Dolce
Cinnamon Dolce- new from Edmunds this year, was really expecting different coloring from this one, dose not look like the picture in their catalog, hopefully was just the heat of the summer effecting the colors
Champagne Cocktail '12 2
Champagne Cocktail
Red Intuition '12 2
Red Intuition
City of Carlsbad '12 2
City of Carlsbad '12
City of Carlsbad
Grahmn Thomas '12 3
Grahmn Thomas '12
Grahmn Thomas
Double Delight '12 2
Double Delight
Velvet Fragrance '12 2
Velvet Fragrance
Distant Drums '12
Distant Drums
About Face'12
About Face
Devotion '12
Devotion
Annapurna '12
Annapurna
Iceberg '12
Iceberg
Mardi Gras '12
Mardi Gras
Livin Easy '12
Livin Easy
Crown Princess Margaretta '12
Crown Princess Margaretta
Tawny Tiger '12
Tawny Tiger
Purple Tiger '12 2
Purple Tiger
Scentimental '12
Scentimental
The Imposter '12
The Imposter
Festival Fanfare '12
Festival Fanfare
Joseph's Coat '12 3
Joseph's Coat
Opening Night '12 2
Opening Night
Midnight Blue '12
Midnight Blue
Rosa Mundi '12
Rosa Mundi
Bee Knee's '12
Bee Knee's
Dick Clark '12
Dick Clark
Whoa, they was bigger than I initially wanted, oh well, hope everyone enjoyed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses 2012

Oh! So many lovelies!!

In my zone, Crown Princess Margareta (for everyone I know) is yellow. I really want the peachy look that yours has. But it's so pretty that oh well. :)
Just love the look of yours!!!

Scentimental is lovely!!! I really like the look of that one. Do you find that it gives you lots of flowers? How is the scent?

That's an amazing picture of Purple Tiger. Well done!! Gorgeous.

Your Cinnamon Dolce is heavenly!!! Ahhhhh. What is the scent like? What a rose!

Graham Thomas has soooo many flowers and looks great with the delphiniums.

Eminence is gorgeous too!

Awesome roses!!
Carol

o

Thanks for all the kind words Carol

Scentimental is a lovely rose indeed but it is stingy on the flowers, its rebloom isn't the best I'd admit, it's fragrance I believe is a fruity scent but I'm not sure on that.

Sorry I don't remember the scent for Cinnamon Dolce either, it was early in the summer when it bloomed and it hasn't done much since then, like all my new roses this year they bloomed little early on and not much since. There all still small and need more time to grow.

Unlike Graham Thomas and Crown Princess Margaretta, both those handle my zone 5a winters with ease with little die back, that first picture of Graham Thomas was during its spring flush and was covered in buds and blooms.

Eminence, that flower was really the only good one its produce all year, out of all my newbies that one really hasn't grown at all. Hope for bigger and better things with that one for years to come.

o

Graham Thomas with blue delphinium--you can't beat that color combination. So striking. CPM is gorgeous also. I liked the subtle coloring of Tenacious (it reminds me of Morden Sunrise in your photo). You have a beautiful selection of roses. Thanks for posting. Diane

o

Oh!!! Wow!!!!!
What a lovely post of new roses and old favorites.
I'm glad you didn't make them smaller.
I like the Cinnamon Dolce.
I should have worn sunshades for Devotion and Vavoom.

o

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful roses! You have some real lovelies. I would love to see some garden shots, as you have some of the same ones that I grow. Your CPM is outstanding. Mine is a joy in the spring and I am hoping for more blooms as it ages. You have also given me a few to consider.Thanks again....Lesley

o

Beautiful roses, great pics!

o

Thanks for the wonderful responses everyone...

Lesley..don't really have any good garden shots from this year(need to work on those) found one from last year, not sure it helps only shows one half of the garden and its early in the season last year and some things have changed since the photo was taken. But I have Opening Night next to Graham Thomas, Scentimental in front of them, Annapurna in front and to the left of Scentimental and another Delphinium that didn't come this year.
Rose bed '11

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 11:56

They're beautiful!

o

Beautiful! I love the delphinium combo!

How was your Cinnamon Dolce in terms of health and rebloom? I have one on order for the spring but Regan's lists it as best performing in the west and I am in Pennsylvania so still going back and forth on whether I should keep it.

o

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. I love that Bee Knee's I must get one.
jack

o

Rebloom on Cinnamon Dolce was about average it had a couple of flushes of blooms when it got established in the ground in July. As far as health, I don't spray for blackspot so I don't know how bad it would get that if I did and I didn't notice any other health issues with it.

o

Absolutely beautiful pictures of your roses. Thanks for posting.

I really like Midnight Blue. How does it grow for you? I also live in zone 5.

o

Although our climates are SO different, could you assess The Imposter for me? It has had me intrigued for a while now.

Your photos are superb - thank you so much for sharing.

o

Thank you, sweetrevenge for those pics. I like your Midnight Blue and Cinammon Dolce, plus Crown Princess Mag. I appreciate the leaves & bush shots.

o

Midnight Blue - I've had for 3 years now, its about 2 1/2 to 3 feet high and wide. Three to four flushes of flowers during the season. Don't last long as a cut flower about a day at best but you do notice the scent of it. Gets blackspot more worse than most my other roses.

The Imposter - the verdict is still out on this one, it hasn't grown much since I've gotten it, may be not a good idea to buy this one as a band since its a small plant to begin with. Gets blackspot worse than other plants as well and not extremely generous with the flowers but that could be due to its lack of size now.

o

I'd like to have a Champagne Cocktail with Crown Princess and Graham Thomas while sitting on an Iceberg at Mardi Gras.
VaVooM!
Susan

o

while listening to Distant Drums....

o

while watching the sunset on the Red Planet...

o

Your distant drums is beautiful! May I ask how old it is? I have been thinking of adding it to my new garden (just moved to a new house a year ago...slowly rebuilding...) but have never grown it before. The size and shape of yours is really lovely.

o

Distant Drums is 2 years old, got in 2010. Its about 3 1/2 feet high to 2 feet wide and I love to coloring of it.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 18:15

What a beautiful collection! They look like you had a wonderful season!

o

They had a good year, not quite wonderful yet but their working on it. I think my biggest problem I'm under feeding them, this year I plan to feed them much more then what I have in the past. Especially early, this year I want a bigger spring flush then last year especially from Graham Thomas.

o

Great pcs, how has your Dick Clark performed ? Mine has been riddled with blackspot since I planted it here in NJ. I'm surprised since all I read about was how disease resistant it was. Absolutely love the coloration on distant drums, it's going in my garden next year.

o

Dick Clark hasn't done much for me, it does get blackspot bad and I think I got 6 to 8 blooms from it last year. For what its worth it is one of those body bag roses. I usually buy one each year to put in a pot for the front house driveway, then put in the ground before winter comes. Its on the east side of my house and usually gets mostly morning sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here