Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Graham Thomas and About Face

While doing paperwork on a drippy dreary day, I cut this bouquet for my office. Makes it a bit nicer to have a bit of the outside in - since too wet to garden.
Judith

Comments (7)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Lovely colors!!
    I really like your Graham Thomas.
    Carol

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Carol! I have been very disgusted with Graham Thomas. I purchased him 3-5 years ago as a sale plant. He grew and thrived - but rarely bloomed. Very disheartening. I whacked him back, let him grow - nothing worked. Just sporadic bloom. I finally asked Chamblees Rose Nursery, which is closeby, what to do. They suggested Carl Pool BR 61. It worked! Spring was really great this year - and he is just starting to work up a good bloom flush now that its cooled off. I never could figure how this rose made rose of the year.......but now that I see these lovely primrose yellow blooms.....I am starting to be glad I didn't give up on this shirker. I heard he is a water hog and he gets plenty of that - is in full sun - is really a lovely bush - now maybe I have figured out the secret to getting those gorgeous blooms! I am really enjoying him by my computer as I work - so glad you enjoyed this bouquet!
    Judith

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Great idea for some cheer! Looks great! :-)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I love those shades of muted yellows, buff, apricot, gold--just love 'em! So lovely!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

And I'll bet it smelled as wonderful as it looks!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

That is such a luscious group of colors and certainly a mood lifter to see it (cute little pumpkins in the background tablecloth). Diane

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Carl Pool - is that a fertilizer?