Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Graham Thomas and About Face

Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 16:22

While doing paperwork on a drippy dreary day, I cut this bouquet for my office. Makes it a bit nicer to have a bit of the outside in - since too wet to garden.
Judith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Graham Thomas and About Face

Lovely colors!!
I really like your Graham Thomas.
Carol

o

Thanks Carol! I have been very disgusted with Graham Thomas. I purchased him 3-5 years ago as a sale plant. He grew and thrived - but rarely bloomed. Very disheartening. I whacked him back, let him grow - nothing worked. Just sporadic bloom. I finally asked Chamblees Rose Nursery, which is closeby, what to do. They suggested Carl Pool BR 61. It worked! Spring was really great this year - and he is just starting to work up a good bloom flush now that its cooled off. I never could figure how this rose made rose of the year.......but now that I see these lovely primrose yellow blooms.....I am starting to be glad I didn't give up on this shirker. I heard he is a water hog and he gets plenty of that - is in full sun - is really a lovely bush - now maybe I have figured out the secret to getting those gorgeous blooms! I am really enjoying him by my computer as I work - so glad you enjoyed this bouquet!
Judith

o

Great idea for some cheer! Looks great! :-)

o

I love those shades of muted yellows, buff, apricot, gold--just love 'em! So lovely!

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:21

And I'll bet it smelled as wonderful as it looks!

o

That is such a luscious group of colors and certainly a mood lifter to see it (cute little pumpkins in the background tablecloth). Diane

o

Carl Pool - is that a fertilizer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here