Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Practice picture

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

This is so weird, no matter I did, a few months ago I couldn't get my Blackberry pictures to re-produce very good at all on this site. I tried something out today, worked totally different, Before they looked pixelated and just weren't good at all. This is Dublin Bay, probably taken in May. Not as good as my little Canon, but not bad.

Comments (10)

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

How sweet with the lattice and brick.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks iris_gal. I think it had at least a few blooms on it all season from late April until mid-November and it was the first rose to bloom.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I agree with iris_gal - looks great with the lattice and brick. Very attention grabbing - what a looker!
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carol - Thank you. I am trying figure out a way to incorporate more climbers into the landscape, I love them.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I can see why! :)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I am loving the look of Dublin Bay more and more, and yours is so eye grabbing gorgeous. I just need to figure how to squeeze DB in somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Diane. I bet yours would really be gorgeous as lush and beautiful as your roses are!

• toolbelt68
    10 years ago

Sara Ann,
    One way to incorporate more climbers into your landscape would be to form arches over your walk ways or build a circle of arches. I saw something like that at Longwood gardens one year. Think of horse shoes set in a circle with climbers on both sides of each shoe, meeting at the top. They pruned their canes such that the canes followed the arch up and over. You could make the horse shoes out of two pieces of re-bar bent and connect at the top of the arch. Then just set them in 6 inch diameter and a foot deep of concrete. Another piece of re-bar going around the top/center and attached to each arch would serve to lock them all together.
    If you make the 'shoes' wide enough you could walk through the arch. Just and idea..... love your roses.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Toolbelt68 - Thanks, that gives me something to think about. You're the who has all the beautiful Zephirine Drouhin climbers, aren't you? I love that rose! I really appreciate any ideas anyone suggests, I need all the help I can get.

• toolbelt68
    10 years ago

Yepper, that's me. I'm going to pick up a few more because we just built a trellis over part of the driveway. I am also considering getting Viking Queen (I think that's the name of it) but only if it's thornless.
    You may have already seen the picture I'm posting but if not note that there is a nice swing between the Zeffy's. Saw the swing at a craft fair and went home and built it. (all by myself....) We sit out back in the swing and view the roses from there. I positioned it so we could see most of the side yards. Tree next to it is a dogwood so before the roses bloom it does it thing.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?