Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

More Fall blooms! Part 2

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

And here's the rest of this weekend's blooms....

MICHELANGELO aka THE PAINTER
{{gwi:1294685}}

MIKADO
{{gwi:1207919}}

MR CHIPS
{{gwi:1207920}}

NOVELTY
{{gwi:1200581}}

PAPA MEILLAND
{{gwi:1206505}}

PAW MAW
{{gwi:1294689}}

ROSETTE DELIZY
{{gwi:1294691}}

RUSTY
{{gwi:1294692}}

SANDRA
{{gwi:1294693}}

SEDONA another monster bloom about 6-7"
{{gwi:1205709}}

SHI-UN
{{gwi:1205003}}

SMALL TALK
{{gwi:1294694}}

SOUTINE
{{gwi:1205713}}

STARSHIP - this one is way too big to be classed as a miniflora in my opinion
{{gwi:1205714}}

TERRACOTTA was actually more brown than it shows here
{{gwi:346340}}

And here's some of my little hummies feeding this morning. These are the Anna's variety that stick around up here all winter. Last yr I had maybe two of them, but looks like I'm gonna have at least half a dozen of them this winter!

Comments (13)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Very interesting and lovely blooms, some of the stripes are fascinating and I love the color of Shi-un.. Really nice. I have really enjoyed seeing all your lovely blooms during the season, hope there are more to come.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Good luck with your hummingbirds.

I really like the look of Soutine- something about those bands of raspberry pink is very appealing..

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Awesome pics of your roses & hummy Beth! Our hummys left here in September...Ruby throated kind...

• inga007
    10 years ago

Lovely blooms and hummers.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Looked up 'Courtoise' from part 1 and I need that rose!

Your 'Michelangelo' always has me salivating. More hummers hanging around here too. Figure it must be the flush the large salvia is having. Need to fill the new feeder & hope it's not a dripper like the last one.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Hi Beth,

Your Papa Meilland is gorgeous. How do you capture the true velvety red ? I have been trying to photograph Black Magic but the camera just will not capture it correctly.

Lynn

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Iris gal, I don't know if you'll find COURTOISE anywhere anymore. I got it from Hortico several yrs ago. I don't believe they still carry it. Hmm, I just saw MICHELANGELO on one of the websites. Can't remember which one tho.

I've tried several different Hummer feeders over the yrs, and this old fashioned Perky Pet one is their favorite, and mine. Never drips and the bees can't get into it. Only problem is, during the summer, I was changing them every day. I have 5 of them out there. Actually 6 counting the one in the back. I must've had 30+ hummies feeding out there at the peak. They're so cute. I love 'em!

Lynn, anytime I get the reds right, it's usually just dumb luck. I do like to take my pics in low light tho. They come out better and truer color than in full sun.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Ooooh!!
    Love Starship, Soutine!!! and Shi-un the most. Shi-Un is soooooo lovely. What a deep color. Do any of these have fragrance?
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

More pretties, Beth! I love the deep color on that Shi-Un!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Mr. Chips is lovely (but isn't that a dumb name?)--but I can't get over the dark velvety look of Papa Meilland!

Kate

• aprille
    10 years ago

Hi Beth!! It's been ages since I've checked back here ... how I've missed your lovely roses!!! Hope the garden is doing great! I've had to down size on mine for the fur kids (we now have two giant dogs!!) but I kept a few favourites!!! down from 200+ to about 100 now I think!!

Take care!

Aprille

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Enchanting- both blooms and hummers.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Love that deep dark Papa Meilland and the striking colors of Sedona. But all are scrumptious. I agree that the old fashioned grilled hummer feeders are the best. We had such a wasp and yellow jacket problem around the feeders till I got this type. So jealous you get to keep your hummers all winter. Diane