Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Fall blooms! Part 2

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 20:05

And here's the rest of this weekend's blooms....

MICHELANGELO aka THE PAINTER
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

MIKADO

MR CHIPS

NOVELTY

PAPA MEILLAND

PAW MAW

ROSETTE DELIZY

RUSTY

SANDRA

SEDONA another monster bloom about 6-7"

SHI-UN

SMALL TALK

SOUTINE

STARSHIP - this one is way too big to be classed as a miniflora in my opinion

TERRACOTTA was actually more brown than it shows here

And here's some of my little hummies feeding this morning. These are the Anna's variety that stick around up here all winter. Last yr I had maybe two of them, but looks like I'm gonna have at least half a dozen of them this winter!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Fall blooms! Part 2

Very interesting and lovely blooms, some of the stripes are fascinating and I love the color of Shi-un.. Really nice. I have really enjoyed seeing all your lovely blooms during the season, hope there are more to come.

o

• Posted by curdle 9b, Australia (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 2:11

Good luck with your hummingbirds.

I really like the look of Soutine- something about those bands of raspberry pink is very appealing..

o

Awesome pics of your roses & hummy Beth! Our hummys left here in September...Ruby throated kind...

o

Lovely blooms and hummers.

o

Looked up 'Courtoise' from part 1 and I need that rose!

Your 'Michelangelo' always has me salivating. More hummers hanging around here too. Figure it must be the flush the large salvia is having. Need to fill the new feeder & hope it's not a dripper like the last one.

o

Hi Beth,

Your Papa Meilland is gorgeous. How do you capture the true velvety red ? I have been trying to photograph Black Magic but the camera just will not capture it correctly.

Lynn

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 1:30

Thanks everybody!

Iris gal, I don't know if you'll find COURTOISE anywhere anymore. I got it from Hortico several yrs ago. I don't believe they still carry it. Hmm, I just saw MICHELANGELO on one of the websites. Can't remember which one tho.

I've tried several different Hummer feeders over the yrs, and this old fashioned Perky Pet one is their favorite, and mine. Never drips and the bees can't get into it. Only problem is, during the summer, I was changing them every day. I have 5 of them out there. Actually 6 counting the one in the back. I must've had 30+ hummies feeding out there at the peak. They're so cute. I love 'em!

Lynn, anytime I get the reds right, it's usually just dumb luck. I do like to take my pics in low light tho. They come out better and truer color than in full sun.

o

Ooooh!!
Love Starship, Soutine!!! and Shi-un the most. Shi-Un is soooooo lovely. What a deep color. Do any of these have fragrance?
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:29

More pretties, Beth! I love the deep color on that Shi-Un!

o

Mr. Chips is lovely (but isn't that a dumb name?)--but I can't get over the dark velvety look of Papa Meilland!

Kate

o

• Posted by aprille z9 CA bay area (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 13:54

Hi Beth!! It's been ages since I've checked back here ... how I've missed your lovely roses!!! Hope the garden is doing great! I've had to down size on mine for the fur kids (we now have two giant dogs!!) but I kept a few favourites!!! down from 200+ to about 100 now I think!!

Take care!

Aprille

o

Enchanting- both blooms and hummers.

o

Love that deep dark Papa Meilland and the striking colors of Sedona. But all are scrumptious. I agree that the old fashioned grilled hummer feeders are the best. We had such a wasp and yellow jacket problem around the feeders till I got this type. So jealous you get to keep your hummers all winter. Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here