Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, my roses are still blooming!

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 10, 11 at 20:48

Although my gardens definitely have the bedraggled end-of-the-year look to them, I still have a fair number of roses blooming--not heavily, but still blooming. Here's a sampling:

Mayflower--wish her blooms would be this large earlier in the season also. Her fall shade of pink is darker than usual also. Austin rose.
Photobucket

Another Mayflower--I do like her autumn look--more dramatic than her springtime look.
Photobucket

Gypsy Carnival--I couldn't get a good picture -- the reds kept bleeding. I love yellow reverses like Gypsy Carnival has, but they don't show up that well in this picture. Can you see the brace I had to add for her weak neck? Hybrid tea.
Photobucket

Jubilee Celebration--another weak necker--see the brace? Otherwise, this Austin is one of the loveliest roses in my garden--very photogenic.
Photobucket

Eutin--I keep telling posters about how Eutin blooms in large showy clusters. Well, you can see a typical clusters here. And for once the red did not bleed. Kordes floribunda.
Photobucket

Lady of Guadalupe--this floribunda is very floriferous most of the time. Love her light-colored reverses.
Photobucket

Lady of Guadalupe again--gives you a look at the bush--stays neatly at about 2.5 x 2.5.
Photobucket

Molineux--not the best picture, but that is the only bloom on the bush--kinda hiding down there in the middle. Guess it doesn't like the colder weather. That is the yellowest I've ever seen it.
Photobucket

Mystic Beauty--my new favorite. Weak necks again--see the braces? But a beauty all right! Bourbon rose.
Photobucket

Green Ice--here's one of the greatest little minis ever--kinda spreading. In cooler weather, the white blooms pick up a faint green color. I think I managed to capture a bit of that in this picture.
Photobucket

Earth Song--not the best picture--and not the best formed blooms, but she is trying hard to keep on blooming despite the cold, so give her credit for that!
Photobucket

Sweet Diana--another great mini. I have seven of them.
Photobucket

Braveheart--this Clements shrub blooms so dramatically. I really like it.
Photobucket

Double Delight plus larkspur--not the greatest picture, but I just had to show you my purple-blue larkspur. Why it is blooming now, I have no idea. It normally blooms in May and June.
Photobucket

Pansies--love these little faces looking up so cheerfully at anyone passing by. More people should plant them in the fall. Mine usually survive the winter and begin blooming again in very early spring. What they can't survive is our HOT, HOT, HOT July-August sun--which is why I have to plant them every fall.
Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed the pics. It was fun fussing over the roses brave enough to keep on blooming in my garden with winter approaching.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, my roses are still blooming!

We still have a lot of roses blooming in Toronto too, but one bloom on the tip of a leafless, long, stem. Looks very odd.

o

Out of curiosity, how is the repeat bloom on Mystic Beauty?

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 10:37

Very nice!

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 10:40

Its great to see roses in our zone still producing! Most of my fuller bloomed roses are balling like crazy...but the less peteled ones are doing ok still! Love Mystic Beauty...I have it on order for spring, and can't wait! Your Green Ice also looks like its loving this cooler weather! :)

~Tammy

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 13:16

You have quite a few pretties left! What a gorgeous spray on Eutin!

o

Thank you, everyone, for your encouraging comments.

bustopher, I can't say exactly how well Mystic Beauty is on rebloom. I planted her in May 2011 and then moved her in July 2011--so she hasn't fully settled down in any one spot yet. That said, she is one tough rose. She was blooming when I moved her in 90 degree heat and she hardly skipped a breath in her new spot--just went on blooming. There was a pause then in the bloom cycle, but it wasn't any longer than any other rose typically has. Considering what she had gone through, I considered that a rather quick recovery. So far, I can't think of anything I do not like about Mystic Beauty--well, I guess the weak neck (when it rains) is my only complaint.

Kate

o

Beautiful roses!i have 2 eutin roses and I love them !i love the big spray of flowers!thanks for sharing this pretty roses.

o

I always love the look of pansies with roses, great pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here