Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mailshadowfax

And when the moon light, turns to June light !!!

mailshadowfax
10 years ago

Cannot wait for June to see the roses again !!! Here are some from this year.This one is Zepherin Drouhin in Full Bloom in June . She got some black spot later, But when she blooms, she is the best!! The most intoxicating fragrance ever..and it wafts !

Comments (18)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

Kate

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Zephy kissed by the last ray of the sun .. Reminds me of the song in Tangled -- Flower Gleam and Glow ,Make your power shine, Make the clock reverse, Bring back what once was mine!!

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sombreuil , pieces of the moon , that fell and grew in my garden.

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ballerina ..This pic was from June this year after she was transplanted and hard pruned , however She STILL has some blooms and it is November !! Aand she makes cute rose hips too !!

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Anther view of the ballerina

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jude the Obscure!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Zepherin Drouhin is a magnificent color. How short do you make her at pruning time? Do she blossom all along the cane? TIA

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Iris_Gal .This was pruned heavily the summer of 2012 to about 3 feet or so.. I guess that helped. She is 7 years now!!!She maily blossoms on the laterals, and I bent some canes to produce more laterals.. I did not know it would.. found out later about pegging ..

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

All your roses are beautiful, but your ZD is really special! Love the color.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

They're all lovely!

• muks29
    10 years ago

Very nice

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I love that song from Tangled - which was a really good movie.

Wow! Your Zeffy is amazing!!! And I've always liked Ballerina (I don't have it). How is Ballerina's repeat?

Lovely roses!
    Carol

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Mailshadow. Laterals blooming is exactly what it looks like. And if she can be kept in control, why then she's a candidate for my tiny garden. Almost thornless it says at HMF. Wow.

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thx Iris_Gal.Actually, she us COMPLETELY Thornless. Her canes are very flexible , so she must be easy to train. She can get Huge if you let her, but if you keep her controlled she will do well too-- like I pruned mine in 2012 to only 3 feet -- even the main cane was cut off.. She always bounces back though , nd how.. The only problem with her is after the spring show is done , she gets black spot here in my zone 6 NJ Climate..I do not yet spray on my roses..I let them be.. she comes back in fall, and throws up some flowers- not as heavy as spring flush, but interestingly , her fall colors are a deeper pink , I Highly recommend this rose.

• mailshadowfax
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Canadian_Rose, Ballerina is a delightful different rose .. Her prettiest flush is in June. However , she ALWAYS has flowers on her. Even now, in november . She does not seem to have too much of a fragrance .. but in June, she can teach those Hydrangeas to control their pride ...and tell them that she is the queen after all.. I think she is a pretty strong rose.. I had her in the front of my home which is north facing and due to deer problem, she grew but was not super happy-- deer preferred my other roses to her though and she was their last resort.. So, in 2012, I transplanted her in the middle of hot summer to ny backyard which I got fenced and she lost EVERY LEAF.. I thought I Killed her, but she rebounded and is quite happy. She too gets blackspot ,and because her leaves are very small , it shows more on her.. I think next year I will spray her with a fungicide to control it a little.. But again , a delightful rose.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Thanks for the information - that's exactly what I like to know!
    Carol

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Love, love your roses! I smiled as I red your "poetry" and looked at the accompanying pics.....thx for sharing. Nothing smells lovelier than Jude the Obscure...

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Your roses are just spectacular, especially ZD and her special color. I love Ballerina, a favorite of mine, and yours looks lovely against the classy fence. Jude is also another favorite, a real beauty. Thanks for the glimpse of your garden. Diane