Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Learning to post photos.......

This is my first real attempt to post photos, just learned this skill today!

Comments (10)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

And what beautiful photos they are! Wow! Thank you. Looking forward to lots more :-)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Fun new trick you learned isn't it!! Please share with us the names of your roses. Love the light pink one. I too look forward to lots more.

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Got so excited about learning my new trick I forgot the names! The red is Champlain and the pink is the Austin rose Belle Story [really a beautiful rose]. I will look forward to posting pictures of things like Chamblees Rose Nursery, Blue Moon Gardens and Antique Rose Emporium - love to photograph these places and I will enjoy sharing them with people who cant see them in person. Again, thanks for your help and patience in teaching a computer illiterate this fun new skill!
    Judith

• rosynut
    12 years ago

I've learned the trick of posting photo's a while ago but gave up as my PC and or Gardenweb keeps on telling me the photos are too big to post so I make them smaller and smaller until its accepted and it then comes up tiny and on a different "page" than the message. Can somebody help here?

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Beautiful photo! Those two are really lovely together.

Rosynut, are you trying to upload them from your computer? You need to put them on some kind of on line photo storage place like Photobucket first or they won't post.

Once they're on a site this thread will explain how to post them form there:

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo posting

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Wow Judith you live close to Chamblees and Antique Rose Emporium!! What fun that must be. I would probably be there everyday if I lived within driving distance. lol!! They would probably have to call security when they saw me a coming!! Thanks for letting us know the names of the roses. I have seen Belle Story and have wanted it but haven't gotten her yet!! Judy

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I really love Belle Story - matter of fact, I am ordering another one when I put in my David Austin order. They are close to Chamblees, so I pick up my roses and save shipping - that means I can order another rose or two!

I am going to be in Tyler in the next week or so and plan to go by Chamblees. Now that I can post photos, I will take some of their greenhouse, which is probably still in full bloom. In spring, I will take photos of the Tyler rose garden - that is a sight to behold! I saw it a couple of weeks ago - full bloom and the leaves were changing colors - magnificent - except I forgot my camera.
    Judith

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Lovely blooms, I really love the Austin roses.

I look forward to more pics.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

I love the pale pink and deep red combination! It makes both colors POP!!! I am looking forward to your pictures of Chambless and Antique Rose Emporium. Its always nice to see where some of these beautiful roses we buy are coming from!
    ~Tammy