Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Learning to post photos.......

Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 11 at 21:34

This is my first real attempt to post photos, just learned this skill today!

Belle Story & Champlain

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Learning to post photos.......

And what beautiful photos they are! Wow! Thank you. Looking forward to lots more :-)

o

Fun new trick you learned isn't it!! Please share with us the names of your roses. Love the light pink one. I too look forward to lots more.

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 26, 11 at 23:41

Got so excited about learning my new trick I forgot the names! The red is Champlain and the pink is the Austin rose Belle Story [really a beautiful rose]. I will look forward to posting pictures of things like Chamblees Rose Nursery, Blue Moon Gardens and Antique Rose Emporium - love to photograph these places and I will enjoy sharing them with people who cant see them in person. Again, thanks for your help and patience in teaching a computer illiterate this fun new skill!
Judith

o

I've learned the trick of posting photo's a while ago but gave up as my PC and or Gardenweb keeps on telling me the photos are too big to post so I make them smaller and smaller until its accepted and it then comes up tiny and on a different "page" than the message. Can somebody help here?

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 13:02

Beautiful photo! Those two are really lovely together.

Rosynut, are you trying to upload them from your computer? You need to put them on some kind of on line photo storage place like Photobucket first or they won't post.

Once they're on a site this thread will explain how to post them form there:

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo posting

o

Wow Judith you live close to Chamblees and Antique Rose Emporium!! What fun that must be. I would probably be there everyday if I lived within driving distance. lol!! They would probably have to call security when they saw me a coming!! Thanks for letting us know the names of the roses. I have seen Belle Story and have wanted it but haven't gotten her yet!! Judy

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 21:48

I really love Belle Story - matter of fact, I am ordering another one when I put in my David Austin order. They are close to Chamblees, so I pick up my roses and save shipping - that means I can order another rose or two!

I am going to be in Tyler in the next week or so and plan to go by Chamblees. Now that I can post photos, I will take some of their greenhouse, which is probably still in full bloom. In spring, I will take photos of the Tyler rose garden - that is a sight to behold! I saw it a couple of weeks ago - full bloom and the leaves were changing colors - magnificent - except I forgot my camera.
Judith

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 12:18

Great photo!

o

Lovely blooms, I really love the Austin roses.

I look forward to more pics.

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 12:19

I love the pale pink and deep red combination! It makes both colors POP!!! I am looking forward to your pictures of Chambless and Antique Rose Emporium. Its always nice to see where some of these beautiful roses we buy are coming from!
~Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here