Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The Last Hurrah!

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

This is what's left blooming in November. I took these photos this week and then cut what there was to bring into the house to enjoy, my annual End of Trail Bouquet. I won't have roses again now until the end of next May. It's been a season of ups and downs, not the best but not the worst either. Some of them are just buds that will never open. Others are a little misshaped or beat up but enjoy!

Albuquerque Enchantment

Cinderella

Candy Land

Dick Clark

Double Delight

English Sonnet

Golden Wings

Ivory Tower

Koko Loco

Red Intuition

Stars n Stripes

Softee

Tuscan Sun

Veterans' Honor

X-Rated

Zenaitta

This doesn't mean I won't have more photos to share over the winter. I have tons of pictures!

Comments (10)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Fancy, having roses blooming in November.
    I'm so glad you won't stop posting.
    Looking forward to a rich winter of photos.
    Lovely photos, Isn't nature wonderful, some look so different from the summer pictures?

• amberroses
    12 years ago

That's pretty impressive for Michigan. Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you,Inga! They do look much different in the cool weather.

Thanks, Amberroses. It's about the right time for them to shut down. I usually cut my last ones the second week of November. I have a few more buds showing color out there that I left just in case we get another warm spell but I'm not counting on it.

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

What lovely pics, Seil. The last blooms of the season are so special.

I really like Candy Land, the name makes me smile. :)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

They all look delicately lovely, Seil, I call it the prettiest-princess stage for your roses :) I love the delicate stripeys, Koco Loco, and Tuscan Sun especially!!! and you'll still have so many prettiest-princesses to keep on showing until the close of your season.

However, for me, I'm expecting my Lincolns to keep on blooming into December like last year. No princess delicacy, but bulging, muscle-lumpy King Leonidas warrior roses for awhile....We're luckier cuz in Kansas we get cold nights but the temps shoot up high enough to open the blooms during the day. Since you're in Michigan, I'm thinking you're definitely some notches colder than us. Plus we get more sun rays than you do since you're further up North.

lol, hurrray on your storehouse of more roses-to-come. No winter will ever be drab with them at our gallery.

Rosie smiles, Serena

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Krista! I am so pleased with Candy Land. It's the climber I picked to replace my NEVER blooming Cl. Peace and it has bloomed all season long!!! Now if it just does well for winter...

Thanks, Serena! It's so funny how the zones are all different. I'm in zone 6 and your in 5 and I can never have any hope of having blooms in December here!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Beautiful, keep them coming.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, ladyrose! I'll probably start some more posts after the Holidays.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Very lovely.

I had Veteran's Honor - did nothing. Survived winter (in garage) did nothing again. Doesn't like it here. Yours is lovely!!!

I love your stripes!!!!

Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Carol! Sorry to hear about your VH. It's been a really good one for me. Winter hardy and blooms all season. Maybe you just got a dud plant? That does happen sometimes.