Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Some more blooms!

bethnorcal9
14 years ago

I can't believe how many roses are still blooming, and how many buds haven't opened yet too! I love it! Of course there's the BS and botrytis that comes along this time of yr tho...

ACROPOLIS

{{gwi:1294999}}

BOB GREAVES

{{gwi:1295000}}

CANADIAN SUNSET

{{gwi:1196655}}

DIANA POW

{{gwi:1295001}}

HARRY WHEATCROFT - not so stripey this time of yr

{{gwi:1295002}}

INCENSE INDIGO

{{gwi:1295003}}

JAMES BIDDLE

{{gwi:1295004}}

LADY MAVIS PILKINGTON

{{gwi:1295005}}

MASQUERADE

{{gwi:1206116}}

MIKADO

{{gwi:1295006}}

MONTEZUMA

{{gwi:1295007}}

OCTOBERFEST

{{gwi:1211154}}

POINSETTIA

{{gwi:1295008}}

ROTARY SUNRISE - my first bloom EVER in 3yrs!

{{gwi:1295009}}

SUNDAY LEMONADE

{{gwi:1295010}}

SUNNY ABUNDANCE - this one is really showing some great blooms this yr

TEQUILA SUNRISE

TOP NOTCH

Here is a link that might be useful: My albums

Comments (11)

• sunnyrose
    14 years ago

WOW!!! They are just STUNNING!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting. I still have some blooming also although not spectacularly. I'm just surprised that here it is in the middle of November, and I still have some blooming. The Canadian Sunset and Top Notch look nice to me.

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

I saw a poor rating on HMF for Incense Indigo.

Does it perform poorly for you too?

Octoberfest looks like a fun rose. Nice blend of color.

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

Beth
    What an array of Beautiful roses, especially for this time of year my hat's off to you. They are all so Gorgeous that it was hard to pick a favorite but I really like MASQUERADE & CANADIAN SUNSET. Thank you sooo much for sharing them with us and keep them coming for as long as you can.
    Harold

• mashamcl
    14 years ago

Wow, Beth, wonderful roses, as usual. I loved Harry Wheatcroft, even if it is not so stripey. Masquerade is beautiful too. They all are...Thanks for posting,

Masha

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Sunnyrose!

Bustopher, I think this is going to be a longer season for a lot of us. I can't recall having this many decent blooms this late into fall ever at this house. Usually it's just a few here and there. At the old place where we lived in the mobile home park down the hill, the elevation was a lot lower and was a good 10º warmer, and I had all my roses in pots there. I would always have blooms up into January! When we moved up into the lower Sierras, my growing season became a good month or so less. So this is a real treat to be able to have all these blooms so late. I always have a handful or so that do bloom up into January here, but I think I might end up with a lot more this season!! We've already had one light frost, and it didn't affect them much at all.

Iris gal, I've had INCENSE INDIGO for a few yrs now, and it's doing pretty darn well. It peaked out over 4ft and bloomed pretty good all season. The color is extremely difficult to photograph accurately. It's definitely a bit more purple than it shows here, at least on my monitor. I'm really enojoying it. I have BLACKBERRY NIP nearby, and they go together really well.

Thanks Harold! I am really liking MASQUERADE. It started off being kind of a dud, but it's turning into a really nice rose. That cluster is at over 6ft. It's a really tall plant.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Very nice roses, Beth! I love the reverse coloration of Mikado and Canadian Sunset and the warm colors of Bob Greaves and Oktoberfest.

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Thanks for your response Beth. I'm glad to hear INCENSE INDIGO is not a bum rose. And thanks for the tip on a flattering companion. I've paired 2 excel roses and they do zip for each other. Back to the drawing board.

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Wow Beth. Blackberry Nip looks super at HMF.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Masha and Serena!

Iris gal, BLACKBERRY NIP is another one that's very hard to get the color right. It's even more purply than INCENSE INDIGO. Oooh, and just to temp ya some more... check out PURPLE TORCH!

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Beth, I am realizing that the more one keeps returning to your page, similar to your Odd and Unusual thread with the fantastic tans and coffee colored roses that the more fantastic roses are still to be named, LOL! Such as James Biddle, Acropolis, Montezuma and Pointsettia, the list goes on and on! in terms of really fascinating color blends and interesting petal shapes! Each rose has its own richness to it....

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH