Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planning 4 climbing roses - Z10, Palos Verdes peninsula --- Ideas

Posted by leezen4u 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 21:55

Hi all,

We will be planting some climbers next year in our sometimes foggy coastal weather - Z10. Every time I read good reviews about a climbing rose I later find negative posts about the same rose. Any suggestions for climbers in the cooler coastal weather? I've read about America but am a little worried about the 41+ petals b/c some roses will nod excessively from the wetness with our foggy overcast weather. How would you compare Blaze vs. Dublin Bay? I've heard Blaze gets some disease vs. another red, Dublin Bay, that it is a slow grower? How about Altissimo for an arbor? Too leggy and barren at the bottom? Westerland is beautiful in pics; any experience here in SoCal coastal areas? How about Pinkie vs. Jeanne la Joie? Royal Sunset? At our old house near here we had 2 great New Dawn climbers that were enormous. But they are too big for our yard here. Lastly, anyone's experience with Laguna, Flutterbye, Ghislaine de Feligonde, the Rambler?

TIA Lee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planning 4 climbing roses - Z10, Palos Verdes peninsula --- I

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 10:09

You might get a better response over in "Rose discussions" or "Antiques".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here