Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses from Friday, Photographed today

Posted by desertgarden561 9a/SZ11 -Las Vegas, (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 23:16

The first image is Gemini and the second is Black Magic. Black Magic is a deep velvet red but I was unable to capture it with the camera. I wanted to photograph the blooms before I left town on Saturday but did not have time so they are about 3-4 days old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses from Friday, Photographed today

And Black Magic

o

Lovey looms. I find reds hard to capture with my "aim and shoot" camera too.

o

Nice looking blooms desertgarden561! :-)

o

Inga007... The camera is a professional grade Canon, my hubby's, but I am obviously not a professional, and therein is the problem. Last night, he told me what I needed to do so hopefully the next time I will have better results.

Jim1961 thank you.
I enjoy looking at roses year round but won't have blooms after late December. I know that roses in some areas have already gone dormant and some gardeners like to continue looking at roses too, so I photographed what was blooming in my front yard to make a contribution. Today I will check the backyard.

Lynn

o

Pretty look to 'Gemini'. I think your (hubby's) camera is the same as my brother's. Took him awhile to learn it. Still is.

o

Gemini is so changeable as to color. Always lovely. Both of your roses look really pretty.
Carol

o

canadian_rose,

I kept looking at Gemini myself, for months, it has not looked the way it did when snapped the picture. When it is hot here, Gemini is white edged in pink and I like that too it :)

Lynn

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:25

Beautiful blooms!

o

It's nice to see some photos of your roses, Lynn, and they are lovely. I agree that reds (and purples) are challenging colors to photograph. The key is to have a talented teenage grandkid do the photographing (the perks of grandparenthood). I look forward to seeing more photos from a desert gardener. Thanks for the pics. Diane

o

One thing about the colder days and nights, the blooms stay longer. I have Gemini with lots of buds just starting to go again. I'll see if I can get some good shots next week.

o

Thank you:)

Nanadoll, I have seen images from your garden, your grandchild takes beautiful photos.

Lynn

o

Gemini just getting started. In this spot it doesn't get quite enough sun but it has bloomed its' head off.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 21, 13 at 11:27

Very nice! :)

o

Henryinct,

My Gemini only receives about 4 hours of sun daily, it is very healthy and has a decent repeat. It definitely seems a little less demanding than other roses I have.

Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here