Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
henrikslo

I'm back

henrikslo
13 years ago

"Connected" again . Took me two days just to check

all your beautiful pictures from last months.

Here is a picture of my favourite rose Erinnerung

an Brod from this year.

[IMG]http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/henrikslo/DSC00171.jpg[/IMG]

Kindest reagards to you all , Henrik

Comments (24)

• inga007

Lovely blooms, so I'm glad your "back".
    I think, Erinnerung means memory/remembrance, in German :>)

• inga007

• inga007

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hmmm.... Obviously I forgot how to upload pictures from
    Photobucket . Again.
    Help please.

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Welcome back! Beautiful picture. I look forward to seeing more!!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Welcome back! Awesome color of rose henrikslo!

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Henrick, glad to see you are back!

Erinnerung an Brod looks wonderful. I don't recall seeing a pic of it on the gallery, here. Always great if someone posts a photo of one of the more rare roses here so that we all get to enjoy them!

Thanks for sharing!

Christina

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all ! Christina , I send some pictures of
    EAB on this galery a year ago . Here are some of them.
    {{gwi:1295942}}
    {{gwi:1295944}}

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Henrik, thanks for posting more pics of Erinnerung an Brod. This is such a beautiful rose. Well and the bush shot, it simply blew me away! There is nothing better than a mature Old Garden Rose!

Christina

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

Oh, how charming! May I sit for a moment and have a cup of coffee?...Thanks! All I had to do was close my eyes for a moment and enjoy. I love photos that fire the imagination as yours have. Thank you for sharing them.
    Oh,and please tell me that Erinnerung an Brod is very fragrant. That will complete the picture for me!
    Sandra

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I hope you enjoyed your coffee Sandra :)
    Yes , Souvenir de Brod is very fragrant rose .

Henrik

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

What a stunning rose! The glimpse of your garden is wonderful too. It's my dream to some day have rose bushes as big and beautiful as yours.

Ingrid

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Wow. What a treat. Thank you, Henrik. Henrik, do you live in Slovenia? One of my friends just moved back there after several years in the US. She is happy to be home.
    Renee

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Renee !
    Yes , I live in Slovenia .
    About Black Parrot tulip ; I have over 30 of them and they vary in size . The one in my photo was very huge , almost
    18 cm .

Henrik

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow!! I am in a rose induced stupor!!! Sooooo stunning!!! And the leaves in your first picture have such a lime green color to them - gorgeous!!!!! Gah, drool - thank you!!!!

Carol

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Love the garden shot------sure would love to spend some time in your garden---

Florence

• jeannie2009
    13 years ago

Henrick
    Thank you. I purchased this rose as a band last year from Eurodessert rose. I trimmed off all the blooms to give it a chance to establish.
    Gee if I'd known how beautiful I am not sure I would have done it. Another reason why I cant wait for spring.
    Jeannie

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Henrick,
    I just came across this rose at Rogue Valley Roses. I was searching for roses hardy for my zone 4. Their picture doesn't do it justice. Yours is soooo gorgeous. Does it rebloom at all? Oh, please say yes.
    Thanks,
    Kitty

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi , Kitty ,

this rose blooms only once , but the flowering period is a long one , at least five weeks . It also starts slightly
    later than most other roses . It also sets a lot of big hips if you don't prune it after flowering . To get the best colour , it needs to be planted in slightly acid , rich soil in semi shaded location .Because of its big ,nicely shaped and healthy leaves it is a beautiful shrub even when it is not in flower . It is also one of the most winter hardy roses . My favourite rose .

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Another picture of EAB on hot summer day . Also not quite good soil condition , the reason for pale coloured leaves
    and flowers .

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Five weeks of blooms!!!!! Really??? That's amazing. For that rose, I would try a once bloomer. That's an amazingly long bloom period and a stunning rose.

Wow!!
    Carol

• mark_roeder 4B NE Iowa
    13 years ago

This is a great looking rose. What is the climate in Slovenia where you live?

Is this your bush, or is it in a public garden? The stone items in front of the bush lead me to ask.

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Mark ,

About our climate - check my post "My cottage & roses" the latest reply.
    The picture of the bush is from my previous garden . Stones are mainly from an old ruined castle , which is
    in a small village , where I used to live as a child.

Henrik

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer