Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenforroses

Audrey Hepburn hybrid tea

karenforroses
17 years ago

I love this picture of Audrey Hepburn - I used the macro setting on my digital camera and was delighted with the results. I grow Audrey in a sheltered spot on the east wall of our home, and although she never gets huge for me, her blooms are always lovely.

{{gwi:226873}}

Comments (15)

• cajunrosegal
    17 years ago

Wow what a pretty lady! Shes a beauty...
    Angela

• iris_gal
    17 years ago

Luscious!

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Oh how lovely------I used to have this rose and I loved it.

I also like Audrey the person.

Florence

• Krista_5NY
    17 years ago

The bloom has a beautiful spiral to it, thanks for sharing.

• char_rose
    17 years ago

Fabulous photo! I loved tracing with my eye that swirl of petals into the center. Awesome.

My camera is just not capable of taking that type of shot.

Thank you for sharing....

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    17 years ago

That's a beautiful picture you took. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Great photo and what a beauty! I love the lighting in that picture.

Cheers,
    Michelle

• sam0738
    17 years ago

Nice!, That could be In MSNBC The week in Pictures.

• karenforroses
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, all. I'm so glad you enjoyed the picture. Happy New Year!

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

That rose is as beautiful and classy as the lady herself was. Karen that was an excellent photo, next photo contest I run across I'm letting you know about to enter that:) May your own New Year be great! Leslie

• cindyandmocha
    17 years ago

That may well be one of the most beautiful roses I've ever seen.

• poseypeg
    17 years ago

This picture must be featured on our new web site (tcroses.org)very soon! This is an exquisite photo.

• vfbauer_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

Reading the posts about how beautiful the Audrey Hepburn hybrid tea is is only half the story of this delightful rose. It also has the most wonderful fragrance you can imagine! I have had this beauty planted on the corner of my garage for over 10 years. When "she's" in bloom, your steps slow as you pass her. She must be the reason for the old axiom "stop and smell the roses." She is truly unforgettable and irresistible!

Here is a link that might be useful: Audrey Hepburn

• jrddyer_sbcglobal_net
    13 years ago

My rose "Audrey Hepburn" is down to one cane and I have desperately tried to find it by calling and searching the web but cannot find it for sale anywhere. Do you know a source for buying this rose or a place where I could get some cuttings so that I could attempt to root them? Thank you so much.

• gramstheshoppingmaniac_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I had one for several years that grew like crazy, apparently because I planted it right next to a primary downspout. I knew (and still know) little to nothing about growing roses, just dumb luck! We get plenty of rain in SW Washington state, so this girl was rarely thirsty, and thus I usually had to prune quite a bit at least every year if not twice. :) I had to move recently, and she was so deeply rooted that I had to leave her behind. :( I've been surprised & disappointed at how difficult it seems to be to find another at any price. :( Fortunately, the new tenant has offered to let me come back for her, guess I just gotta find someone willing to dig deep enough. :P

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio