Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Roses "B"

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

Hi folks, while Beth frantically sorts through her large files of unmarked photos (see the "A" thread for more explanation), I volunteered to continue our "alphabet" threads. This is the "B" thread, and I hope you'll join in on driving out the winter blues--by posting your roses beginning with the letter "B."

I only have a couple in the "B" category--but I hope you enjoy them.

Buff Beauty (hybrid musk)-- one of my favorites.
{{gwi:207537}}

Braveheart (Clements shrub)-- a "true" red--but my camera doesn't do a very good job on red, unfortunately.
{{gwi:228928}}

Let's see some of your "B" roses also.

Kate

Comments (34)

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Thanks for taking over for me Kate! I'll try to add a few later today. Pretty roses. I like BRAVEHEART.

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Kate, your Buff Beauty and Braveheart are so beautiful! Braveheart being my favorite out of the two.

Please take a look at my B's:

Baltimore Belle
    {{gwi:1229705}}

Baptiste Lafaye
    {{gwi:1296331}}

Barock
    {{gwi:1296332}}

Basye's Purple Rose
    {{gwi:1296333}}

Belle de Sardaigne
    {{gwi:1296334}}

Benjamin Britten
    {{gwi:1296335}}

Bibi Maizoon
    {{gwi:1296336}}

Bicentenaire de Guillot
    {{gwi:1280083}}

Blue for You
    {{gwi:1296337}}

Bon Chance
    {{gwi:1296338}}

Bouquet Parfait
    {{gwi:1296340}}

Brownie
    {{gwi:1296341}}

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Gorgeous roses as always Marina! But what is that BROWNIE rose? I don't see it listed on HMF and have never seen a "brown" striped rose called BROWNIE anywhere! I want it!!!!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Thank you, Beth!
    Brownie is a Simpson's Climber, introduced by Meilland in 2009. I can send you a cutting or try to root it for you, just let me know.
    Marina

Here is a link that might be useful: Brownie on HMF

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 16:23

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Ok, here are a few that are still in my PictureTrail albums.

BUDATETENY
    {{gwi:1277437}}

BLUE BOY
    {{gwi:1282183}}

BROOKS RED
    {{gwi:1247109}}

BOLSHOI
    {{gwi:1276870}}

BULL'S EYE
    {{gwi:310368}}

BLUE FOR YOU
    {{gwi:259640}}

BRASS BAND
    {{gwi:1254417}}

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

OMG Marina, I'd love it! If you have time to try rooting a cutting, I'd be ever so grateful! I'm no good at rooting them myself anymore. Nothing has rooted for me in yrs! I'd be happy to pay for shipping, etc!! Just let me know!!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Beth, I love your Budateteny and Brooks Red, they are stunning!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Beth, I will try to root it for you this coming spring. I will do several cuttings to increase the chances.
    No problem, I would be happy to help!
    Marina

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Beth, this is another photo of Brownie - this one is grown in France in my friend's garden.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Wow! That's gorgeous! Thanks so much for offering to root it. How tall does it get? Does it repeat well?

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh heavenly!!! Thank you all so much!!! Here in zone 3 rose season is soooo far away!!
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dark Lady and Beth--lovely photos! I agree--Brooks Red is a looker! and Brownie is really different and interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

• inga007
    11 years ago

All rose photos are absolutely stunning. Some new, some old. Even, Distant drums is so colourful.
    Nice to see some bushes too.

I wish you all a healthy rose growing season!

Happy, healthy New Year to all!

Ingrida

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I am so glad these lists have begun again. This will probably be the coldest week of our year, and I need some mood lifting beauty. Thank you all for posting. I have to mention a few favorites that popped out and made me lean forward for a closer look--the lush blooms of the striking Braveheart, the swoon inducing color of Basye's Purple Rose, the killer color of Blue for You, and last but not least, the mouthwatering Brownie (and I'm not even a big fan of stripes). Actually all these photos were full of beauty. Thanks! Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Thanks to my granddaughter, Clare, for taking these photos of my B list roses. Hope you enjoy them. Ddiane

Ballerina and La Bella Snapdragons

Bernstein-Rose

Blue Bayou

Blueberry Hill

Brother Cadfael
    {{gwi:309142}}

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics Diane!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

So beautiful, Diane! My favorites are Bernstein, Blueberry Hill (what a color!!!) and Brother Cadfael.
    Marina

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for all your comments. Here's a "B" I forgot (cheating a little here). It's "Big Moon" from our front yard in August, courtesy of my camera wizard granddaughter. Diane

• lesmc
    11 years ago

You`all have made me very happy!! Your roses are beautiful. Brother Cadfael is a favorite and I love Brass Band, Braveheart grows in my garden and it is such a wonderful rose. Your picture is outstanding. Thanks, everyone! Lesley

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Really appreciate all the lovely pictures. Thanks everyone!!
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Wow! So many gorgeous roses!!!! I'm drooling!

My paltry "B"s.

Baby Betsy McCall

Baby Blanket

Best Friends

Black Cherry, I may actually keep this one now. I moved it last year and it's doing much better!

Blanche Neige

Blaze
    {{gwi:281686}}

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

Butter Cream

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

More roses...yum! Blanche Neige is stunning--will be looking that one up. And Baby Betsy McCall and Baby Blanket are so cute. Baby Blanket looks like it belongs on a fancy birthday cake...so does Butter Cream. Thanks, seil. Paltry, phoo. Diane

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Love Bernstein-Rose -- those golden shades on a well-shaped rose always get to me.

And what a sweetheart--Baby Betsy McCall!

Kate

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

I'll add a few of mine to the collection. The first is a spray on one of my Blue for You bushes. Because it bloomed so early, the color was more intense this year.

The next one is the gallica Belle sans Flatterie. It is a little more lavender colored than in the picture, but my camera doesn't always distinguish well between pink and lavender.

The next one is Blush Damask, another once-bloomer. It has turned out to be rather pretty and delicate.

The last one is also a once-blooming damask rose, Botzaris.

I hope you like these.

• harborrose_pnw
    11 years ago

Bustopher, I am so glad to see your Belle sans Flatterie - mine is so young but (I'm repeating myself) hope to see blooms this coming spring. Just beautiful. Do you have many gallicas? I have a large handful of them and the smattering of blooms I got last year makes me anxious to see what they do this year.

I love the moon picture! Thanks for posting the pictures, everyone. The Blanche Neige looks like pearls.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

As to gallicas, I think I have 7, that is if they all make it through this winter with the continuing drought and now frozen hose lines.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Yummy photos, bustopher!

Kat, Baby Betsy is a teeny tiny micro mini and harder than heck to photograph, lol!

• Annie
    11 years ago

Here's my 'Blaze'.
    - reliable and always so pretty in spring.

• Annie
    11 years ago

'Betty Boop'

• Annie
    11 years ago

'Ballerina'

• Annie
    11 years ago

Rosa, 'Ballerina' - close-up

• Annie
    11 years ago

A close-up of 'Betty Boop'

• Annie
    11 years ago

Betty Boop

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely, Annie! That close up of Ballerina is beautiful!