Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowheather

December Roses

snowheather
13 years ago

The bad part about living in Texas - summer! But the good part is - roses in December! Here are some - more later!

This is FOR YOU WITH LOVE, a floribunda:

This is MONKEY BUSINESS:

This is the hybrid tea, HELEN'S TRUST:

This is the polyantha GESCHWISTER SCHOLL:

Here is the mini-flora FLAWLESS:

Here is the floribunda CHIHULY:

Here is the floribunda JOHNNY BECNEL:

This is the hybrid tea SCENTED MEMORY:

Here is the hybrid tea BROCELIANDE:

Here is the shrub LAVENDER JOY:

Here is MYRIAM, aka AMAZING GRACE:

Comments (16)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

You have some nice pictures there. I was curious about what Monkey Business looked like. Thank you much for posting. At least you still have some to look at.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

December roses! Awesome! They all look great and your photos are nice and sharp!

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

OMG! They're all gorgeous!! I love that FOR YOU WITH LOVE! Shoulda ordered it! And it's nice to see a good pic of HELEN'S TRUST. I have it, but it hasn't bloomed much. Now I see what I'm missing. (I think the deer liked it this past season...)

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

snowheather, your roses are just gorgeous and that in the beginning of December, wow!

Since I love lavender colored roses my favorite is 'Lavender Joy'. I have never heard of this rose before. Can you tell me please how it is doing for you (repeat, disease resistance, vigor ect.)? I am always up to try a good new lavender rose :-).

Myriam/Amazing Grace is also particular appealing in my eyes.

Very beautiful photography, too. I am looking forward to seeing more photos from you!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Oh, Scented Memory and Myriam are both exquisite. What beautiful roses, and great photography. Thank you for sharing them with us. How does Myriam smell?
    Renee

• inga007
    13 years ago

Lovely photos of beautiful blooms.
    Thanks for brightening my day.

• snowheather
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for looking everybody! Beth, I almost gave up on HELEN'S TRUST, but since I have a granddaughter named Helen, I just couldn't. So I moved it to a better spot just a few weeks ago. It has been blooming like mad since!

LAVENDER JOY is from Cliff Orent. The first bloom was spectacular and then I didn't see another one until fall. This is the end of the second year and it has started blooming much more. Patience is golden! Oh, I spray so cannot say for sure about disease resistance. All I know is that it has not had any breakthrough blackspot.

SCENTED MEMORY and MYRIAM are stars of my Scented Bed! But, patience paid with both. Scented Memory was a scrawny own root from Hortico and Myriam a tiny band from Heirloom.

I'm still taking pictures, because next week may bring the end of the fall bloom!

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

They are all so beautiful. A wonderful sight on this December day. I love Scented Memory and Lavender Joy, especially. I have Flawless ordered for spring. I'm happy to see that it's gorgeous! How strongly scented is it for you?
    Thank you for posting such beautiful photos.
    Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses, Color, and Light

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Helen's Trust is new to me and I love it!

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses---Thanks for sharing--

Florence

• snowheather
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandra, I sniffed FLAWLESS this evening and it does have a moderate fruity scent. It is a big mini-flora - maybe should be a floribunda.

And, about SCENTED MEMORY, I said I got it as an own root, but I meant bare root!

Its great to hear from you all and thanks for the compliments on the photos!

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

WOW, That is some gorgeous roses.Sure can not pick a favorite out of them,since they are all just beautiful,and your photography is excellant, too.Thanks for the show.

Jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

There aren't any I wouldn't welcome into my garden if I had room, but Helen's Trust has really outstanding color and form in your picture. I have Monkey Business new this year and the blooms really didn't do much (although there was a steady supply of them) until late this fall when they picked up petals and a little staying power. You've got a good picture of it. Year two should tell me whether it's a keeper in hot climates. I hope you have more pictures coming....Maryl

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow!! Those are gorgeous!!

I especially love Lavender Joy, Amazing Grace, Broceliande, and Johnny Becnel.

Does Broceliande have any scent?

Thanks for the beauty!
    Carol

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

snowheather, thanks for the info on Lavender Joy and Amazing Grace. It might be interesting how LJ will be doing for you in the second year.

Christina

• snowheather
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, Carol, BROCELIANDE has a lovely scent!