Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More December roses

Posted by gardennatlanta z7atlantaGA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 13:30

I just went out in my garden and found some beautiful blooms even though it has been really cold (30s) and rainy the last few days.

Here is one of SdLM--most of the other blooms have balled : (

Photobucket

Quietness has a couple of beautiful blooms. Here is one.

Photobucket

And White Ma Perkins is showing some cream coloring, I guess from the cold.

Photobucket

Anyway, thought I'd share. Hope you are all having a good December and not getting too stressed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More December roses

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 15:22

Wow! Those are really nice for this time of yr and with temps that low! We've had temps almost that low off and on the last week or so, plus rain too. I still have buds trying to pop, and BILL WARRINER and LOIS WILSON are actually still blooming. Suns out now... I should go see how things are, but it's still COLD!

o

Lovely blooms you still have, gardenatlanta! The Souvernir de la Malmaison flower is soooo... pretty it is almost hard to bear. I lost mine due to an animal attack, but seeing yours makes me really want to try it again.

Thanks for posting!

Christina

o

Ahhh. Lovely.
Renee

o

Roses in December help us to forget the sweltering summer! What other flowering shrubs bloom so long? None - and that is one reason we love roses!! Yours are just lovely. QUIETNESS is one of my favorites. It must be one of Dr. Buck's best ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here