15 years ago

{{gwi:229781}}

{{gwi:1297929}}

{{gwi:1297930}}

{{gwi:229782}}

Comments (28)

• iris_gal
    15 years ago

Totally lovely. Is this one of your favorites?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Gorgeous rose. I have not heard of it but would love to have it. Judy

• gnabonnand
    15 years ago

It looks like it's doing great in that container. Unlike many people, I think some of the older David Austin roses, like this one, are some of his very best.

Randy

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago
  • katefisher
    15 years ago

Your first set of pictures would not load for me. Can we see this rose in the container again per chance?

Thank you.

Kate

• carla17
    15 years ago

Ray, it's beautiful. I can never remember if I have FB or Glamis Castle but WHAT was I thinking with thrips and balling! I was totally enabled by an evil enabler that does his dirty work on the rose forums.

Carla

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

I couldn't see the first set but the second set is gorgeous.

Florence

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

I still can't see the first set of pictures either. I wish you would please post them again. This is a new one I have coming this spring. Thanks, Judy

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Now they are showing up again. Soooooooooooooooo pretty. Can't wait til I get mine. How does it stand up in the hot afternoon sun? Judy

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Judy:

She performs well in cool whether only.

Ray

• aprilscott12
    15 years ago

Gee golly Judy....only does well in COOL weather?? So much for putting it in a hot spot for our lovely Ga. afternoon SUN to shrivel up those beautiful blooms. It sure is a pretty thing! April

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Thanks a bunch Ray. I guess I will have to put her in a spot with morning sun. Thanks, Judy

Hush up Miss April! Maybe the sun will forget its suppose to be hot, hot this year. ha ha!! Me

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1297934}}

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

I love the contrast of the white flowers and the dark buds. Beautiful. Does she attract thrips?
    Nancy

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    15 years ago

Your Fair Bianca looks happy, and the pictures are nice. My plant doesn't get that big or good looking. I don't think it cares for our summer heat all that much. I do like this rose's licorice fragrance. It is different from most of the other roses.

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nancy:

"Does she attract thrips?"
    Sure she does.
    I spray soap water once a week.

Ray

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

In this yard FB doesn't like to be pruned. It dies back from the cut downwards. Other that that it is a lovely little rose.

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1297936}}

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1297938}}

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1297940}}

{{gwi:1297942}}

• organicgardendreams
    15 years ago

rayshine - thank you very much for posting all the pretty and different photos of Fair Bianca. They give quite a good impression of this rose.
    I enjoyed looking at all of them!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Ooooh, I can't wait for mine to show all of those lovely blooms. I might have to go get me another one. ha ha, Judy

• michaelg
    15 years ago

I recall Fair Bianca showing less damage from thrips and botrytis than typical white roses, and hardly any balling at all. Trouble is, around here, she seems to grow backwards year by year.

• rayshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1297944}}

• canadian_rose
    15 years ago

Wow!!! Those are GORGEOUS!!! And EVERY rose on every picture looks fantastic!!

MichaelG - I had an Abraham Darby that did that. It lasted 3 summers, but the last summer it was about 6" tall!!! :) I just about died every time I saw a rose from it!! So, so pretty!! Just couldn't handle our cold!

Carol

Carol

• jumbojimmy
    12 years ago

I had to bump this old thread back up again because I want to find out more about this rose.

Could someone please tell me what the scent is like? Please don't tell me it's myrrh.

Is this rose a better disease resistant compare to Glamis Castle?

Is it a small bushy shrub or a climber?

TIA.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Well, above he said it smells like licorice. But I'm always unsure of what that means. Does it mean black licorice or red licorice? Black I wouldn't be too fond of, but red would be wonderful.

those really are awesome pictures. I can't believe how beautiful they are.

Caorl

• sanrosa
    12 years ago

Breathtaking rose!
    Sandra

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths