Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

DA Roses Part 1

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Been kind of slow here with the holidays and lousy weather. I'm anxious for spring to come. To keep us going til then... here are some pics of my David Austin roses from this past season....

ABRAHAM DARBY

{{gwi:1298389}}

AMBRIDGE ROSE

{{gwi:1298391}}

ANNE BOLEYN

{{gwi:1298393}}

BENJAMIN BRITTEN

{{gwi:1298395}}

BIBI MAIZOON

{{gwi:1298397}}

CHARLES AUSTIN

{{gwi:1298399}}

CHARLOTTE

{{gwi:1298401}}

CHRISTOPHER MARLOWE

{{gwi:1298403}}

COTTAGE ROSE

{{gwi:1298405}}

EMANUEL

{{gwi:1298407}}

ENGLISH GARDEN

{{gwi:1298409}}

FISHERMAN'S FRIEND

{{gwi:1298411}}

GERTRUDE JEKYLL

{{gwi:1254669}}

GOLDEN CELEBRATION

{{gwi:1298414}}

JAMES GALWAY

JANET

{{gwi:291859}}

JUBILEE CELEBRATION

Comments (10)

• henrikslo
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures Beth ! In my garden
    all my English roses are badly damadged
    by snow.

Henrik

• inga007
    13 years ago

You've made my day. Thanks. Looking forward to opening the next one....

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Beth, your David Austin rose are wonderful!

From this thread my favorites are Golden Celebration, Cottage Rose, and Ambridge Rose.

People may like David Austins business practices or not, but he is for sure a heck of a rose breeder genius!

Christina

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody! Yes, Christina, he really is a genius at breeding these beauties!

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

wow,Beth,I had no idea that you have so many D A roses.They are just beautiful, too.I dont know how you get so many gorgeous blooms with the deer population.Thanks for taking the time to post all your beauties, too,I love them all.

Jean

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

A really lovely collection, Beth, and I too am looking forward to more. Janet was quite a favorite in my garden, I still have two Cottage Rose shrubs, and Abraham Darby also spent some time with me. Wife of Beth and Queen Nefertiti seem to like (or tolerate) dry heat quite well, and Sister Elizabeth seems to be enjoying her shady spot. You seem to have quite an extensive collection which makes for a very enjoyable post.

Ingrid

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jean! The deer were kind of hit-and-miss last season. The two little sisters from the season before grew up and one had two babies. She brought them around quite a lot. But I haven't seen them for awhile. I plan on keeping up with the homemade repellent spray, and may try the Shake-Away repellent (predator urine) granules. I have a feeling this yr they'll hit more.

Thanks also Ingrid. I actually have quite a lot more than what I posted, but for some reason many of them didn't bloom last season. Crappy soil and not enough mulch I think... Janet is probably one of my favorites. Good bloomer and gorgeous blooms!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Beautiful Roses.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

That James Galway just does me in. I just love it too much.
    Renee

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Bibi, Cottage Rose, Emmanuel and James Galaway are to die for!!! Honestly they are such a tribute to your wonderful gardening skills. I am in awe.

Thanks for brightening my dreary winter day. We're expecting more snow and the wind is quite fierce.

Love, love your rose pictures!!

carol

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler