Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
posting pictures question,Thanks!!

Posted by carrie_az 9/10 AZ (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 5, 09 at 23:48

Some time ago I asked for help on how to put my pictures into my message instead of having to use a link that one clicks on. I don't remember who helped me do it. I was wondering if someone can post the instructions for me so I can put my pictures into my message, I do remember that it was not really long instructions. It makes it easier for the person looking at the pictures plus it just looks better when all my pictures are in one thread instead of posting 5 or 6 message post's to share my pictures.
I would be totally greatful to who ever helps me with this. I am not that great at the computer but I do know some of the basic's. I used to know how to do this but, it has been a few years since I have posted any pictures that way. I would use the search but I see it is not working.
Thanks so Much,
Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: posting pictures question,Thanks!!

i tried to find that old thread for you, but, could not find it. i'll see if someone can help you.

o

are you using photobucket?
if so, run your arrow over the photo you downloaded on photobucket.
copy and paste the HTML code that appears into your threads.
each pic will have a different HTML code.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 12:36

Carrie, you have to sign up with an image hosting website, upload your photos and then link the photos into the Forum postings. Many are free, but they have limits to how much you can upload. I use Picturetrails, and I pay around $25 annually, but I post a lot of photos. There are other image hosting websites. A lot of people here use Photobucket.

o

Hi, Carrie! We are very happy to see you here at our gallery! I just got an email from our wonderful Jim here at the gallery saying about someone needing help with posting photos. Here is a thread on how to post photobucket pictures....Photobucket is free.

If you read the very last post on the thread (scroll to the bottom of the page) it shows you everything step by step. I hope this works for you!

instructions on how to post photos online through Photobucket

o

Yes I have been a member of photobucket for some time now. I tried to post the pictures without using Photobucket but it kept sayng my photos were to big so, I went to photobucket and resized them and now they are to small. I really, really appreciate your help jim and serenasyh and will give it a try.
Jim the reason why I think you could not find the old thread is becuase it was 4 to 5 years ago. I was going to try and do a search on it to see if anyone else had asked this question but the search option was down.
Thanks all I will give it a try,
Carrie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here