Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Favorite Pics of 2014......Sara-Ann Part 2

boxofrox
9 years ago

The original was getting so long so I hope Sara-Ann will forgive for me starting anew with Part 2......We just got back from Thanksgiving in Palm Springs and I discovered this lovely thread of beautiful 2014 shots. Breathtaking all !!!!! The stars of my garden by far this past year were my two Double Delights. Here are several shots of DD and my other favs........

Chicago Peace

Abraham Darby

Sheila's Perfume

Ginger Sylabub

My favorite no rose shot

Comments (33)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Boxo - No apology needed, love your beautiful pics! Your Chicago Peace bloom is breathtaking, makes me want that rose again, it was a good bloomer for me, just not vigorous. Love your Abe Darby and Ginger Sylabub, that's one I've never heard of and of course, Double Delight is always lovely and your hydrangeas are unbelievably gorgeous! BTW, I have enjoyed your picture threads during the season, I love your brilliantly colored floral arrangements.

I hope others will post their lovely pictures too.

• jo_pyeweed (z9 SF Bay Area)
    9 years ago

I have been drooling over the pictures everyone has posted in the original thread. Thanks, Sara-Ann, for starting this lovely topic!

Boxo, your garden is gorgeous and you always post the most amazing pictures, and in the past, I have shown your Abe Darby pics to my plant to let him know what he is capable of becoming :-).

Belle Story - a favorite

Madame Antoine Mari Close-up

Molineux (the pic is a little washed out, but the bloom looks to be mirrored in the sky)

Blue Girl. I have been selectively watering because of the drought and you can see the area behind the Blue Girl bed is brown and ugly.

Princess Alexandra of Kent

I shared this the other day, so apologies if you have seen this picture before. Blooms from the end of November.

{{gwi:325516}}

And, lastly

Cheers,
    Jo

9 years ago

I have missed seeing your pictures this year, the_dark_lady ! Glad you are posting again!

Purple Skyliner is amazing. And, the rose I have been lusting for is Eyes For You. The place behind my Blue Girl is reserved for it. How does it do in your garden. Is it really as gorgeously arresting as it appears in pictures?

Jo

• the_dark_lady
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses, Jo!
    Yes, Eyes for You is just as gorgeous or even better in person as it is on my photo. The flowers are extremely unusual and the fragrance is great.
    As for the overall performance, I can not tell you much - my old bush died because of vole damage and now I have a replacement from Burling which I only planted this Spring. Nevertheless, both bushes bloomed a lot and are quite healthy without spraying.
    Marina

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Sarah, for the last couple of years all my shots have been with my phone and since it's always in my back pocket, it gets used a lot. That shot of CP is probably one of my favorite pics ever in my garden. I would definitely give more credit to the subject than the subject capturer :-)

Jo, I love AD almost as much as I loved my FIL who I bought it to memorialize. I bet I have well over 100 shots on my photobucket that are still left after I tried to eliminate some. He is just a mega superstar in my garden. I feel so fortunate especially knowing how much grief he has caused others :-(

• mossy_z7wa
    9 years ago

I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong trying to transfer photos from Photobucket to Garden Web, so look out LOL! It has also become evident to me that I pretty much grow my roses for the photos, they are what get me through the long winter, so I have a lot of photos. Picking favorites is a tough job, but here are some.
    Rosarium Uetersen

Chicago Peace

Belvedere

Peace

Chicago Peace, again

and again

Out of Rosenheim

Peace

Mrs John Laing

Roberto Capucci

Floral Fairytale

Grand Prize

Belvedere and Tamora

Belvedere

I apologize if I've included too many.

9 years ago

Marina - thanks much for the info on Eyes For You. Much appreciated.

Boxo - your Abe Darby clearly knows he plays a special role in your garden and has risen admirably to the challenge. What a nice tribute to your FIL.

Mossy - wow and wow again! I particularly love the glimpse of your garden that is shown in the photo of Belvedere and Tamora.

We are hopelessly addicted here - you can never include too many pics!

Jo

Edited to correct a typo

This post was edited by jo_pyeweed on Wed, Dec 3, 14 at 21:46

• inga007
    9 years ago

Loved your, clear, "clean", photos of, so many roses, unseen by me.

Belvedere is my fave (orange of course).

• bethnorcal9
    9 years ago

Wow! More gorgeous blooms!

Can't wait for my EYES FOR YOU to get like yours Marina!

Mossy! I love your BELVEDERE. I know I have that rose out there somewhere. but it hasn't bloomed in a few yrs. What a bummer.

Here are some of my favorite shots from this past season...

JOSHUA BRADLEY

NICOLE FREELANDER

PHILATELIE
    {{gwi:313326}}

REMBRANDT VAN RYN
    {{gwi:329611}}

SEATTLE SCENTSATION

And my little tiny own-root EYES FOR YOU
    {{gwi:2130474}}

There's lots more, but don't have time to dig thru them right now.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Wow wow wow. What beautiful roses you guys. I'm soooooo ready for spring. Lol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Everyone's roses are so gorgeous, love everyone of them! The single blooms are so charming and The Skyliner roses are lovely. Belvedere is such a pretty rose, love the color, also Joshua Bradley.

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

All are outstanding, but Belevere is favorite of all the favorites.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

{{gwi:336904}}

• inga007
    9 years ago

Love your blooms "critters" Jim, but you didn't tell us the names of your roses

9 years ago

ooops sorry...2nd rose pic is Mister Lincoln, 3rd rose pic is Thomas Affleck...
    First rose is double Ko...lol

Great roses everyone! I have really enjoyed looking at this thread! :-)

• anh3012
    9 years ago

Garden Party

Love this thread.

• anh3012
    9 years ago

My Koko Loco

• anh3012
    9 years ago

Goldilock

• anh3012
    9 years ago

It's one of my favorite pictures.
    It's Garden Party.

• anh3012
    9 years ago

Chihuly

9 years ago

Great looking rose shots Anh3012!
    Great shots everyone!

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Go Mossy go.

If I could only have 1 Hybrid Tea from the '60s it would be 'Chicago Peace'.

9 years ago

Wow nice iris_gal!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Wow!!!
    Such GORGEOUS pictures!!! I am so glad that I started taking pictures. I have mine as a continuously changing screen saver. It's sooooo soothing and delightful.

Here's Chicago Peace..

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Here's Night Owl.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Here's Oklahoma - a flower from my underperforming and no fragrance plant. :)

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

And lastly one of the tree killing snows we had this summer. Blech. and :) - what are you going to do? LOL One tree is dead for sure and another one we're going to see this spring - major amputation. But the one pictured is okay.
    Carol :)

• the_dark_lady
    9 years ago

Anh3012, love your Koko Loko!

Canadian Rose, that Chicago Peace is a killer!

• anh3012
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the resposes. I really love this thread.
    Dark lady: I love Koko Loco very much. Thanks to this forum so I know its name.
    It's my first Ebb Tide.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

I didn't take many individual pics this year, but I have several overall garden shots that I really like, so I'll share those--just for a change of pace.

Bright red Eutin (Kordes floribunda) surrounded by various white blooming things (like hardy garden geranium).
    {{gwi:313309}}

Other end of the same bed, a sister red Eutin next to Pompenel (another Kordes), and a cute frilly petunia at its feet.
    {{gwi:291305}}

Middle of the same rose bed, dominated by my gorgeous Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea (paniculata) and part of the Perfumed Path that cuts it in half. The reds you see there are not Eutin, but Braveheart (bottom right corner) and Red Intuition (middle of pic)--plus a pink Elle and white Memoire and yellow Berolina.
    {{gwi:291533}}

Another center of same bed, slightly different angle--that pink rose is Austin's Jubilee Celebration front center right--same big Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea toward the back center.
    {{gwi:291302}}

For the record, here is the hydrangea showing both strawberry and vanilla, which doesn't happen often--usually just vanilla. Fortunately, the vanilla is gorgeous!
    {{gwi:291306}}

And one last pic--a beautiful new non-rose:

But I can't resist--here is an older pic of Red Intuition, as nearly a perfect pic as is possible. Don't think I'll ever match it again.
    {{gwi:329644}}

That's it. What a fun way to spend a grey winter afternoon! Hope you enjoyed it also. : )

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Thu, Dec 18, 14 at 16:16

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Kate - those irises are stunning!!!! Oh, I just love irises!! That Red Intuition is stunning!!!! I would get it in a heartbeat if it had fragrance. Wow!!!

Love the Ebb Tide - what a gorgeous color.

Amazing pictures everyone!!
    Carol

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm