Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bee's Knees Size? Recommended minatures?

Posted by evernole Z9/FL (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 21, 07 at 10:13

I am adding Bee's Knees to my rose garden, in front of my HTs. This is my first miniature.

I would like to know how large Bee's Knees gets, so that I get the plant spacing correct.

Also, any other recommended miniatures for Florida roses?

Any differences in care compared to my HTs?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bee's Knees Size? Recommended minatures?

No difference in care. Mine got to a little over 3' tall last season, and that was with heavy competition (it is planted between HTs).

o
Top minis...

For your other question, see this thread from the Roses Forum, Top Ten Miniatures for the Garden.

o

I've grown Bee's Knees for a few years and it stays about 2' on it's own roots. There are SOOO many miniature roses and so many do well in Florida. Some are bloom machines and some are very stingy. Exhibitors will grow a rose that is stingy because the blooms are really nice when you get them. Some good ones (to name a few) for this area are Odessa, Sam Trivitt, Soroptomist International, Cachet, Miss Flippins, Fairhope, Kristin, a new one Dr. Troy Garrett looks good...

o

Several that I grow that make nice full bushs with lots of beautiful blooms are; Odessa, Tangerine Twist, Kristin, Rainbows End, Teddy Bear, Soroptimist International, Pierrine, Sweet Melody. These would be a good start to go with Bee's Knees. As a matter of fact, you will probably like the overall bushs on the mini's I have listed better then Bee's Knees. I grow Bee's Knees mostly for the beautiful blooms.

o

As has previously been said, Florida is a great place to grow minis/minifloras. Most roses in general do well here. If i were to make a list I would start with Kristen, Bees Knees, Pierrine, Erin Alonso, Miss Flippins, fairhope, Olympic Gold, Doris Morgan, Odessa in minis and for minifloras i would say, Tiffany Lynn, Louisville Lady and Cachet. The makings of a very good garden here and all available most anywhere.

o

My 'favorite of favorites' mini/minifloras are: Soroptomist International, Bees Knees, and Memphis King. Last year I got Ty and would like one more growing season to further evaluate before I add it to my 'favorites of favorites' list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here