Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jujujojo_gw

The minirose bought last Christmas

jujujojo_gw
9 years ago

Finally some pictures with the Rhododendron.

I have divided this into four plants. They appear to be doing great. I gave one to my neighbor. I still have three. The pots are refilled by growth shortly after the divide.

{{gwi:2130878}}

{{gwi:2130879}}

{{gwi:2130880}}

{{gwi:2130881}}

{{gwi:2130882}}

{{gwi:2130883}}

{{gwi:2130883}}

{{gwi:2130881}}

{{gwi:2130884}}

{{gwi:2130885}}

Comments (20)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

You are a rose guru, Juju! I don't have a clue how you manage to keep these things alive inside!

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    9 years ago

Hello Jujujojo:
    Those roses look like Gigi by Poulsen Roser A/S. I remember when you responded to my post last August or September (wrongly posted as Nidia Parade). I'm glad you decided to get it. I love this rose! I have three that are doing very well in my garden and one is still blooming. I hope you'll let us know how this rose does in your area, if it eventually makes its way to your garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gigi on HMF

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

â¢Posted by jasminerose4u 8b (My Page) on Fri, Jan 23, 15 at 22:35

I love it but I am not sure what it really is. I bought it from a chain grocery store. It was not labelled. The flowers there are more expensive than Walmart, but they have more varieties. Walmart has this beautiful peach colored minirose.

9 years ago

I don't know why it mattered to me, but I really wanted to find out the name of the rose that I purchased from Trader Joe's, so I did some research. I confirmed with the supplier that the rose I purchased was Gigi, a Parade rose. At first I thought it was Nidia, because they look similar, but both Poulsen Roser A/S and the supplier said Nidia isn't really sold in the U.S. I'll have to check out Walmart too. Peach roses are lovely.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

â¢Posted by jasminerose4u 8b (My Page) on Sat, Jan 24, 15 at 0:20

I love the color. They are more red and white. There is another kind that is purple and gold. Do you know the name of that one?

9 years ago

Yes, my Gigi is red and white. Here it is sold as a Party rose, a smaller container than the Parade rose. It is a deeper red in person. My flash washed out the color a bit. I haven't seen a purple and gold miniature rose, but I sure would like to. Did you see it at Walmart? I wonder what will be available coming up Valentine's day.

This post was edited by jasminerose4u on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 23:35

• BethC in 8a Forney, TX
    9 years ago

My sweet daughter walked in with the same rose this afternoon. She said she had to rescue it. It was sitting in a puddle of water and when she picked it up water just ran out the bottom of the paper. Thank you Walmart for taking such good care of your plants!

9 years ago

Beth, I think you will really enjoy the rose. Are you going to plant it in the ground?

9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well, as you know, miniature roses do great in pots! I enjoy miniatures too, because they bloom so often. There is a thread posted by bluegirl in the roses forum, where she is mailing rooted cuttings for the price of postage. She might have some miniatures left. She is sending me, Little White Pet. Here is a link to her thread, Before You Order If you are interested, you can send her an email to v4rp11 at gmail etc. I'm also posting this on your other thread to make sure you see it.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beth and Jasmine, my neighbor said that the rose I gave her survived at her house and is beautiful.

• BethC in 8a Forney, TX
    9 years ago

I didn't get to her in time for Little White Pet, they were all taken but she is sending me a few that will eventually go in a bed when they are bigger!

9 years ago

Jujujojo, good to hear about your neighbor's plant. I divided Gigi to share with a friend and 3 out of the 4 plants survived. Still a great deal for the money. I'm looking forward to seeing these roses mature. Thanks for posting your photographs.

Beth, I'm happy you will receive some roses from Bluegirl. She sure is sweet. It will be fun to receive the plants in the mail.

• emrogers
    9 years ago

Wow!!! I love it. Jujujojo, what advice can you give me for trying to keep one indoors? I bought a white mini at Wal Mart last Friday and it had two blooms and I brought it to my office which has a HUGE window that faces East. I get lots of light and have placed it in the window seal and it has more blooms and more buds. I bought a ceramic pot for it tonight but don't know if it's too small. Either way, this one rose I want for my office even though I know they're not meant for inside but they are just too pretty NOT to want one. Of course if I see it suffering I will transplant to my garden but I'm being stubborn right now and don't really want too. :)

Elce

• emrogers
    9 years ago

This is my rose. I'm about to pot her up in this pretty ceramic pot I bought.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Elce, that is nice. Yes, they will do well in the larger ceramic pot.

• emrogers
    9 years ago

Ok here she is in her new pot. I know I'll have to transplant her mid summer but that's ok. I will.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That looks fabulous. Why do you have to transplant it mid summer?

• emrogers
    9 years ago

i thought you mentioned the pot was small? That's why I said that. ☺️ I havenit outside today so it could get some sun ☺️☺️

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I think they like small pot in winter.