Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2005 Varieties

Posted by cpc1968 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 7, 05 at 19:06

Hi all - new to the forum.

I have seen the new 2005 varieties from Bridges and Nor'East. What looks exciting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2005 Varieties

You should check out the '05 varieties at Sequoia Nursery. Not only has Mr. Moore released 3 new minis, he has released two hybrid rugosas, a moss floribunda and, most exciting of all, a Hulthemia hybrid-Persian Autumn. Mr. Moore spent 30 years developing this rose. Check it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sequoia Nursery

o
RE: 2005 Varieties correction

Correction! Mr. Moore has released 6 new miniatures.

o

OMG, Farmgirl, there's so much eye candy on that sight I think I gained a few pounds just looking at it! LOL! BTW, have you ordered from them? If so, were you satisfied?

The only mini I have so far is Sunrise Cupido. It's doing great and I definitely want more minis. Buttermint is tugging at my heartstrings. So is Orange Parfait, Rise N' Shine, Work of Art . . . Oh, I could go on and on! Help! : - )))

Diana

o

Angelcub:
I've been ordering from Sequoia for several years. I've always been very pleased with their roses. Two years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Moore and the privilege of touring his greenhouses. He is a most gracious gentleman and his roses are to die for. I saw Persian Autumn and have been hoping he would release it. When I saw it was available, I did the HHRD in my office! The photo does not do the rose justice. I've ordered PA and 3 other '05 roses...so far!

Check out the Supplemental List of miniatures. It will give you hours of reseach material.

o

From Bridges, I received Camden, Odessa, Purple Dawn and Dr. John Dickman.

o

I can vouch for Buttermint and Orange Parfait as being exceptional.

The other two are just so so (Rise N' Shine, Work of Art)

o
I'm in Louisiana and they won't ship to us!

Waaaah! Not fair!
ah well. It's getting hard to walk in the patio anyway

o
RE: Louisiana

The Uncommon Rose does ship to Louisiana, and they have a nice group of miniatures(many from Moore).

I suggest Hi or Si if space is limited.

Here is a link that might be useful: UncommonRose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here