Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a few dumb questions

Posted by bamboo_turtles (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 21:52

Are there miniture roses without the thorns and with a sweet smelling flower ? If so , where do you get them ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a few dumb questions

I do not know of any but check Help Me Find Rose and do a search. The one problem with many minis is they have little to no scent. Are you looking for a mini or just a rose that stays small. If you are looking for a small rose, you may want to look a other classes of roses. Remember mini describes the size of the bloom not nessessarly the size of the plant.

o

I'm looking for medium plant , small leaves , small fragrant flowers ..... and thornless !

o

I'll look into some of the minis I have, I disagree that minis don't have fragrance. Too bad you never got to walk into Mr. Moore's nursery even just once. Now thorns is a different matter, that's a harder one, you don't mention color at all.

o

Yes there are some minis that have a scent (I have some in my garden) but there are other classes of roses that have many roses that stay on the small side and have scent as well. I have Golden Buddha and it stays about 3ft and has a very strong scent and it is a Hybrid Brac. Many of the shrub roses stay on the small size and have great strong scent. But being also thornless, as lesdvs9 stated will be the hard part.

Doing a search on help me find roses I believe would still be your best bet in finding what you are looking for or at least close to it. Good luck.

o

David austin (Heritage rose)is one of the most popular miniature rose without thorns. It grows just three feet tall and have sweet fragrance so i guess this should be what you are looking for...

o

Heritage is NOT a miniature. It is classed as a Shrub, it gets to over 6' tall here, and the blooms are 3" - 4" wide.

o
I have a Softee, no thorns, nice scent, lovely

and good luck getting one as it seems to now be off the market.
I can send you some cuttings for postage, or for swap . . . . got any nice edibles? or roses? or or or . . . . oh tempt me

o

I'm not sure what I have that is a mini and thorn free? Guess I will look a little while I'm outside today. Heritage gets HUGE here ...not a mini!

o

You might want to consider Marie Pavie or her sport Marie Daly. They aren't minis though, they're polyanthas, but in my experience they stay around the 3 to 4 ft range, are fragrant, with somewhat small blooms and virtually no thorns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here