Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Comment on local WM

Posted by jujujojo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 8:37

Our local WM starts to carry mini-roses. They place these in the normal shelves with another shelf above. But unlike other houseplants, the location is too dark for roses.

I wanted to buy one but it looked too sad.

I think min-roses must be placed on top shelf or a stand alone display. It cannot be placed in a shelf with dark cover above.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comment on local WM

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 16:05

Are these the little mini gift roses? I've brought home some that looked half dead and they recovered quickly once they got some decent care.

o

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 16:05

It is a gamble though. Would it not be better that they are happy and long lasting on a better shelf?

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 10:55

Yes, of course, but we're talking Wally World here not a nursery. The people there have no plant training or experience and really don't care. Neither does the company as they'll just write off the losses anyway. Any time you're buying plants, particularly roses, at any of the big box stores the best thing to do is to get them as soon as they come in and get them home where YOU can take care of them properly. That being said I often rescue poor bedraggled things from certain death at these places. I admit it, I'm a sucker for an underdog, lol!

o

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 10:55

For those giving them as gifts to their families and loved ones, they would be understandably reluctant to buy sickly looking mini-roses.

For people like me, I know these propagate by sticks, so I would not be that sympathetic. In the wild, the sticks mostly dry out naturally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here