Good?

Bad?

They were out of Hot Tamale...bummer!

Thanks for any and all input!!!

Sharon

Comments (4)

• gilli2007
    16 years ago

I have Crackling Fire. A vigorous little rose. The blooms come out in quite vibrant colours but mine faded quickly in the sun. When they fade the centre goes kind of black or dark brown which I don't like so I just cut off the blooms when they started to fade. However, the little bush is always in flower for me. The stems are quite reddish and kind of match the blooms. The young leaves are also quite reddish. My husband loves this bush. Its not really my favourite but only because I prefer pink blooms. All in all I'd say its a vigorous, healthy, profuse blooming plant. No fragrance that I've ever noticed. Well worth having in your collection.

• julie22
    16 years ago

They were out of Hot Tamale, bummer>>

I've been hearing a lot about Ruby Ruby. But I have one from Bridges Roses, a sport of Hot Tamale, Ruby Baby. It is exactly like Hot Tamale but more of a vermillian than the brighter orange. It blooms the same, has the same disease resistance and is the same size and shaped bush. I have Ruby Baby and Hot Tamale beside each other and they are a knock out along side my front walk.

Just a thought

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Let me know how Hot Tamale does for you. That's another one that I can't keep alive...

• julie22
    16 years ago

Diane, my Hot Tamale and Ruby Baby are both about 3 years old now. I looked at them last evening and they are both very strong with no winter kill yet. I really like these two roses. They compliment each other and really dress up my front walk.

The area I have them is a little moister than some others and they get about 6 hours of sun a day. They are also protected for the winter winds somewhat as other roses are larger and thicker and break up the wind as it charges through all the other canes first.

Sponsored