Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am SO READY

Posted by michael1846 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 10:28

Every year after valentines Day I go and get mini roses because they are like 4 $ then I separate them and plant them outside! Does anyone else do this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am SO READY

Michael, I kept mine from last year; and they grew over the year. So, I do not need to buy more, unless I want different cultivars. I have two more new plants from rooted cuttings this year.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 19:28

I've done this too! One year I was at a Walmarts and they had the little Valentine's Day gift roses in a trash can! I asked to speak to a manager and he said if I wanted them I could take them for free! Best rose deal ever!

o

Im trying to get every color that they offer i have red and pink and on sunday im going to get yellow and possibly white.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 20:02

The two main suppliers of these gift roses are Poulsen and Kordana. They both have dozens of roses that they use for these and they change them out freely according to what they have in stock. That's why they don't come with names on them other than the colors. If you check their web sites you'll see that the roses do have names but you could buy a pink rose named say, Patty, and it could be any one of a half dozen roses they grow as long as it's pink. And they're not all miniatures either. They ship these out as tiny rooted cuttings and I've seen roses that I knew were floribundas but were just so small a plant that the blooms looked like minis. If planted in the ground and allowed to mature they'll become full size roses.

It's kind of a game with me. I check them out where ever I go looking for something different and take what I can get. I've quit trying to separate them because I lost more than I saved too. It's still an inexpensive way to get some pretty roses!

o

I might start doing something like this, I love flowers and have watched my Mom and Gramma grow roses for years, so I've been keeping 4 Minis in my dorm room this year and can't wait to get more plants :)

o

Seil, that's fantastic! How come i never get so lucky? Anyway, i hope they are rewarding you for saving them :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here