Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Reviving a hardware-store rose -- any tips?

alison
14 years ago

Valentine's Day I picked up a few deep discounted miniature roses at -- of all places -- the hardware store. (Rather clever, actually -- capturing the guys so into their tools they forgot it was Valentine's Day!)

As you might imagine, they looked great at first, but not so hot a week later. I knew they were unlikely to thrive, but at $1.99, I figured it was worth the challenge.

Here's what they look like:

{{gwi:1202202}}

Each pot seems to be four individual plants. When I got them home I unwrapped them and cleared out all the dead and dying foliage. (You can see that didn't leave much on the pot on the right.) I gave them a drink of water, then set them near a south face window where they get bright but not direct light. It's a cool room.

I know to resist the urge to feed them right now, but should I repot them? Repot each plant into it's own container? Cut them back? Leave them the heck alone?

I'd appreciate any advice on helping these little guys back to health -- they have pretty blooms and I'd love to see them make it -- despite their rough start in life!

Comments (2)

Sponsored