Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini climbing rose color

Posted by zipi none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 15:05

Hello! I'm looking/hoping for a miniature climbing rose in a peach color. Preferably, if there is one that has white involved in some way too that would be awesome, but I'm not sure that exists. (backstory: my kitty died and he was buff and white, so this would be his rose).

I'm not 100% set on a climber. A regular mini or full sized bush would be fine too (a regular climber won't work, unfortunately). I would just prefer a mini climber if it's out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations on plants/sellers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini climbing rose color

The rose I would recommend would be "Cl. Baby Darling". Its a soft apricot and fades to a lighter color as it ages, fast grower, smells fantastic and grows very well in most conditions. I think Vintage Gardens carries it, but you can Google and check for others. Sorry about your kitty...I have lost so many over the years and its never easy...........((hugs))

Here is a link that might be useful: HelpMeFind-Roses

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 18:53

zipi, how big a space do you have for this rose? Just because something is called a mini climber does not mean it will be a small plant. Mini climbers only have small flowers and leaves but the plant can get as large as any other climber, maybe 12 to 15 feet, and will need support. If you look at the pictures for the mini climber msm84 suggest you'll see how large the bush can be. Unfortunately I don't see any vendors for that rose still open in the US. The two listed there are both closed. I also don't see any other apricot ones but there are a lot of pinks that might work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cl. Baby Darling

o

Sorry to hear about your kitty :(

Take a look at Work of Art. Rogue valley sells it and Northland Rosarium might have it too.

This is a bit of long shot, and it might not be what you're looking for, but there's an orange/white striped climbing mini called Life Lines. Two Sisters Roses carried it, they are closing but if you contacted them quickly you might be able to get it.

o

I'm so sorry to hear of your cats passing. (warm hugs)
Lifelines climbing mini is orange and white striped that looks like creamsicles to me. I don't know if this would suffice.?

Two sisters might still have one, just email her and ask. They stop shipping June 1st.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here