Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eko42

Can anyone tell me about Valentine's Day Climber?

eko42
18 years ago

I was looking through Weeks Roses catalog and was blown away by the picture of Valentine's Day climber.

Can anyone tell me more about this rose?

Comments (5)

• bergthold
    18 years ago

I saw a picture of Valentine's Day too, and had to buy one. I haven't been able to find anyone that has this rose yet. It's still very small and has not bloomed. I can't wait to see what it looks like in person! I'll post back about it later after it blooms.

Mark

• austennut
    17 years ago

Any news on this one? I must admit the pictures are tempting. I'm particularly interested in disease resistance, repeat bloom, and the size of the plant.

• bennyj
    17 years ago

I have a Valentine's on my back fence.I'ts about six years old,it's in partial shade and the fence blocks the cold north wind.I was suprised because it didn't bloom much at all this year,I don't think I gave it enough food.Year before last I had over a hundred blooms on it at one time.It is beautiful,I would like to trade cuttings of it if any on is interested.I live in West Houston,if we trade cuttings this will be my first time to trade,I will readup on it and mail correctly,and would love any advice on mailing cuttings.Thanks everyone!!!

• bergthold
    17 years ago

Here's an update on my Valentines Day. It was only about 4" tall when I got it almost a year ago. I left it in a pot until September then planted it in the ground. Now it's about six feet tall!

I cut most of the blooms off last year so the growth would go into the roots, hopefully it will pay off this year. The blooms I did leave on were magnificent! A deep red color and they last a long time.

I'm growing it up a post. This rose is supposed to be fairly disease resistant, however I spray so I can't comment on that. When it blooms in mid April I'll post a photo here. So far, I would recommend this rose.

Mark

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Hi Mark, I am am really interested to see what your plant looks like this year. I just got Valentine's Day, and would like to keep it in a large pot on my patio, growing up the pergola posts. How wide is your plant wanting to be?

Thanks,
    Michelle

ps. Benny, the plant was not bred until 2004 according to HMF. ??

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus