Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpc1968

New Nor'East Website

cpc1968
19 years ago

Looks like NorEast updated their website. I like it.

Comments (11)

• bubbledragon
    19 years ago

I played with it a bit, and their cart system wasn't quite functioning. It looks nice and all, but there are a few things that don't work on my browser (bars covering up text, etc.) I think I prefered the old one.

• desertratrose
    19 years ago

You'll find the bars covering text has to do with the font size setting in your browser, not the browser itself. If you like you font larger than 'normal' the text starts getting weird with the layout.

Suz

• bubbledragon
    19 years ago

Nope. Mine's set at 'normal' (in fact I have to decrease it twice to get the appropriate look - my screen res is probably a bit high) - And I won't go on my rant about useability and the font size issue. That kinda stuff should be supported, though I understand they're a rose company and not web designers. Thanks, though - I hadn't thought to play with the text sizing to get to the bits I couldn't read.

I really can't blame them, though - the new style is very much more attractive, and it's much easier to browse through their catalog a little bit at a time, with bigger pictures than the tiny icons they had before. I got their catalog in the mail this week, and it's very well put together - beautiful pictures.

The cart system is still broken for me. I get a 404 - I hope it's just me, though. I plan on placing a little order for my birthday at the end of April. ;o)

~bubbles

• desertratrose
    19 years ago

May I ask what browser you're using? I emailed the webmaster and got a prompt reply. I told her what browser I was using that I had the same font issue with (Mozilla) but it might help to mention yours, too.

BTW, she's a longtime member and had already seen the thread!

Suz

• bubbledragon
    19 years ago

I'm using Firefox/Mozilla, and there are issues with Konqueror as well, though that one is hardly worth mentioning, since I think I'd be the only one browsing the site with it. *winks* Are you using straight up Mozilla, or FF?

I would've emailed too, but didn't want to pester - since I emailed questions about ordering earlier this month! (Which got a quick reply, too!)

Have a good one, all
    ~bubbles

• cnetter
    19 years ago

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with GW ( don't sell the roses just do the website), but if you're having trouble with the website PLEASE PLEASE email me. I really want to know.
    The font size was fixed for certain browsers to prevent the problem seen above. Some browsers don't seem to support that, but I'll see what I can do.
    It was tested using Explorer, Opera, Safari (Mac), Explorer (Mac), and I thought Firefox too.
    Been doing that website since 1995.
    p.s. flush your cache if you haven't tried it recently since I've put in some fixes.

• bubbledragon
    19 years ago

Thanks Cnetter - I don't think you'll get in trouble, as you're actually helping us out. *G* It's probably just my buggy version of Firefox (I'm on linux), so don't mind my snarky self. I actually thought a lot of what was text was images, and didn't catch on. ;o)

Good evening, everyone
    ~Bubs

• cnetter
    19 years ago

Just checked, and it was tested using Firefox 1.01 with text set to normal, screen res at 1280 x 1024 on a 17 inch monitor.

It was also tested on a Mac with resolution set to 1600 x 1200. Yes, it's hard to read at that resolution, but so is this forum. I figure not alot of folk are setting their monitors that high, but I need to.

• cnetter
    19 years ago

Ha! I'll have to grab my daughter's linux box and try it. Can you give me more details on your system?

• desertratrose
    19 years ago

I have mine set to 1600x1200, but sometimes have my text larger than 'normal' and it got off a bit at larger settings in firefox/mozilla. When I went back to normal, so did the alignment and it wasn't too badly off at my usual setting (+1 larger)

Suz

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    19 years ago

Yep, words are overlapping one another. It's usually a table problem with having the width set to an exact number, something like that...

I changed my text size, but nothing changed. Not sure what Limited Edition means...

Did see some interesting new ones though... :)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!