From my experiences:

Minis that seem to do well with not getting black spot:

Ruby Ruby
Raspberry Punch
Starina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini's - good against black spot

do you have any sources for these. thanks.

o

First hand knowledge.

o

sorry , I didnt make myself clear. I mean sources for buying these roses. Thanks. Radha.

o

Nor'East Miniature Roses carries Starina. Also, I find Minnie Pearl to be my most blackspot resistant. It still can get blackspot in my humid environment, but it does not tend to totally defoliate like most of my other minis do when I neglect spraying.

o

Radha - Since I live in Houston, I don't mess with mail ordering. I've never had much success with it anyway.
Also, there is a nursery here called Robertson's Nursery. It is strictly a rose nursery and is the best quality that I have ever found.

o

Thank you Vic007 and rwbowle. will try these in near future. Radha.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here