Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodhavenacademy

black spot

woodhavenacademy
16 years ago

I am just starting to garden with roses, and minis are my favorite. Much to my dismay, I have developed what is probably blackspot and I don't know what to do! How do I make it go away and stop it from happening again?

Taffy in Southwest Florida

Comments (4)

• gunznrozes
    16 years ago

I'm justgetting ready to order my first Mini's but have been growing large roses for a couple of years. I was told to treat them the same. I use 'Bayer ALL IN ONE' every 5-6 weeks because I don't like to spray. I add to water & water around the base of the plant. Its a fertilizer, insect & disease control all in one. So far it seems to do the trick. Maybe not 100%, but pretty good. I do supplement feedings though. Good luck.

• woodhavenacademy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will try it! Thank you very much. I like Bayer's products.. they make a wonderfull Red Ant killer. Sounds to reason that the Bayer ALL IN ONE will work wonderful as well.

• laura1
    16 years ago

For someone just getting started and with just a few roses the Bayer product is the perfect solution.

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

Try putting corn meal around the base of your roses that have black spot. Works great.
    Arlene

Sponsored