Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
minature rose plant

Posted by prathyusha ca (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 12:14

Leaves on my rose plant are turning yellow. I have placed my plant in the direct sun. Is that the reason for it. Please let me know. I want my plant to be alive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: minature rose plant

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like it needs to be repoted in a proper pot, proper soil. Is it one of those roses sold as giftable roses? Is it in a pot in another pot? I'd say repot it. If it's one of the "gift" roses, there is a great thread here about how to repot it.

o
RE: minature rose plant link

Here's the thread I mentioned above:

Here is a link that might be useful: repotting a rose

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 19:19

Yes, I'd say it needs a bigger pot with better drainage. If that ceramic pot doesn't have holes for drainage then the rose is sitting in water. Roses hate to have soggy wet feet. Get it into a big pot with lots of drainage holes and good potting soil and it will do much better. Oh, and full sun is exactly the right place. Roses love sun!

o

looks sunburned to me; if you have it in a window, make sure there is a 'sheer' curtain hanging there, or blinds tilted a little, or move it back so it gets indirect light. The little roses can take sun, but a move from indoors/grocery store to blasing window all at once is not a recipe for success. I hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here