Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bubbledragon

Help a Newbie, anyone?

bubbledragon
19 years ago

Here's the situation.

I believe, from various maps that I'm in either a very cold area of z6, or in z5. Either way, I'm around Pittsburgh, PA.

We live in a duplex that gets plenty of light outdoors, if I would put a plant in a strategic location. The previous renters had a lovely garden, apparently, because the area it was in is still obvious, and the neighbors say they had great tomatoes. *G* Since this is an appartment, and not our own home yet, I'd like to maybe try my hand at some container roses. But I'm a newbie. I can keep most house plants doing pretty well. (I love african violets, but mine has turned into a ball of tight, mangled, thick purple leaves...)

Can someone suggest THE newbie plant to start out with? I've seen your lists, so pick one. Ok. Maybe two. *wink* And possibly somewhere to order it from? My issue is that we've got a PO box, so that sometimes complicates deliveries. Finally - one more thing. A book.

Thank you so much, everyone - sorry for the long post. Aside from that, I'm a computer science student who spends way too much time indoors, and the Pittsburgh weather is driving me up a wall.

~bubbles

Comments (2)

Sponsored