Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to prune mini roses outside?

Posted by esther_b NYC (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 22, 10 at 13:40

I am still new to mini roses outside. When should I prune the gangly green canes they have become, and how far down should I cut them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to prune mini roses outside?

Well, I saw a lot of forsythia in bloom around Newark Airport this evening, so I would say that it is pruning time in our area. Take out all dead and damaged canes. How far down you cut depends on how tall they are. If you are comfortable, you can cut them down about half. If you are not, then just give a light trim. You can always come back and trim again after the first bloom cycle is over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here