Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bands?

Posted by Jan_in_WV_OH_6a z6awvoh (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 05 at 14:32

In postings here at the forum, I see the word BANDS. Is this a shipping style or what is meant by bands? I'm new at a lot of the mail order stuff. Also have a lot to learn over all; most knowledge has been gained by trial and error and books until now.

Thanks in advance for all info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bands?

A band is an own root rose sold in a 4" pot, but deeper than the 4" pots you see at the nursery for other bedding plants. If you are used to bare root, grafted or own root roses, the size of a band can be alarming. However, they are usually well rooted and, imo, potted into a larger pot such as a gallon container, for a few months before introducing them to your garden at large, they do fine (if a few months makes it too late to go in your garden, they can be moved into a larger container, say 3 gallon, and overwintered in an unheated garage until spring rolls around again; here (phx, az) that isn't an issue).

SUz

o

I'm new, too. The new plants I just received from NorEast were in longish pots. Is that what you mean?

o

Yes. Longish, square, traditionally black :)

Suz

o

4" pot that can either be 6 or 8 inches long. Develops long sturdy root systems.

o

Thanks to everyone for the answer to the band question. This is a great site and I have learned a lot from everyone.
Have so many questions that I am hesitant to start asking them (don't want to hog the site) lol

o

Hog away! We need more traffic here :) and you can't learn if you don't ask!

Suz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here