Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got my first 2 minis today

Posted by socks12345 Zone 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 15:56

I got Rainbow's End. DH will like that because it's his football team colors. Also got Gourmet Popcorn, just could not resist those darling petite blooms. Had Itty Bitty Pink in the cart but put it back. I barely have space for the two I got.

These are my first two minis, and I'm looking forward to watching how they do this summer. Might go back for Itty Bitty.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got my first 2 minis today

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 12:20

You got two really great roses! I love the minis. They bloom frequently and are easy to care for. Give them some room though because the bushes can get as large as their big sisters sometimes!

o

That's not the best news about size because the garden is pretty full. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to check out their sizes on helpmefind.

Haven't planted yet, but Gourmet Popcorn is blooming in the pot. It's by the gate where I come and go and is such a cheerful little flower. I love it!

o

Gourmet popcorn can get quite big & bushy so give it room. It is spectacular!

o

Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 14:27

Socks, you can leave them potted if the pots are large enough. I have a lot of mine potted and they do great!

o

Thanks for the pot idea, Seil. I don't have a lot of sunny pot space that is easy to water, and what I have I need for tomatoes in pots later this spring. Of course, they would be spectacular in pots.

I got both bushes in the ground, nicely planted with some amendments. Now I'm thinking I should have reversed their placement. Oh well, it will be an experiment to see how they do, or will I go out tomorrow and switch them? I don't know....

Thanks for the replies.

o

It's not the best photo, but it will give you an idea of how large the plant can be. It's even larger now.

I don't know if it can be pruned to maintain a smaller plant. I haven't tried to do that.

Smiles,
Lyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Gourmet Popcorn on HMF

o

Beautiful!

o

Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 19:11

Gourmet Popcorn gets pretty large from what I understand but I don't know that it's a tall one. More spreading I think. My Rainbows End gets about 2 feet tall and is more upright and not spreading.

o

I'm Very late on this post. Congratulations on your mini roses. They can be pretty addictive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here