Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenklutz

Favorite Source For Minis?

gardenklutz
19 years ago

Do you have a favorite source for ordering minis? Last year I bought several from Nor East and Heirloom (Johns minis). They all arrived healthy tho on the small side and within 6 weeks most died even tho they were planted in the same site with other healthy minis.

This year I am thinking of trying Bridges Roses, but am a little shy about ordering since I had such bad luck last year. Maybe I should just wait until the nurseries stock them in the spring.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments (11)

• gardenklutz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sorry about posting this twice.......If I could figure out how to delete it I would.

• Vic007
    19 years ago

I've been happy with minis from Bridges Roses and Nor'East. When did you plant yours last year?

• gardenklutz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Last year my minis arrived at the end of April and they were in the ground the first of May - perfect time in N.C. for planting. By the early part of June most had died and only one limped thru the summer but never showed signs of really doing much of anyhing. All my other minis that came from nurseries are still doing good after 3 years.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    19 years ago

I hope you contacted Nor'East to let them know. They are very good vendors, and would have worked with you.

Bridges, Nor'East (we do our rose society's mini sale through them), Rosemania.com, John's Miniature Roses and Almost Heaven.

• smurphy405
    19 years ago

So far I have only ordered from Nor'East and all did very well. I have 2 more dozen ordered for this year (hope they do as well). I have been eyeing the other places and will order from more places next year. I have just about all of the Nor'East, including the new ones but I want some from Rosemania and Sequoia.
    susan

• homenovice
    19 years ago

I bought two Sweet Chariots from Sequoia this year. They were small but very healthy looking. Both are doing well in their temporary home (sharing a big oblong pot). I also bought some other roses from Sequoia, was sent the wrong rose, but Sequoia quickly replaced it. Great service.

• the_morden_man
    19 years ago

Lamrock's Little Roses

Here is the link.

http://www.lamrockslittleroses.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamrock's Little Roses

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    19 years ago

My favorite miniature rose vendor is The Uncommon Rose. I also order a lot from Nor'East.

I would never plop a new miniature into the ground. As own root plants they are just babies. I plant them into 1 gallon containers and nurse them through the summer, (keep them moist and not too much sun) then plant them in the fall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uncommon Rose

• diggerdave
    19 years ago

Tiny Petals

• gardenklutz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I visited Bridges Mini Roses this afternoon - they are located just 40 minutes from me. Never new that until recently - so glad I found them. The owner (Dennis) was very kind and let me tour his greenhouses - he has hundreds of beautiful minis. And, of course, I wanted one of each.

I got two each of Sweet Chariot and Green Ice for my hanging baskets; and three each of Breath of Spring and Sweet Diana for the garden.

All of his roses are good size and very healthy plus I got lots of good tips on how to pot up and how to care for them. He actually grows his "home" roses in 50% clay, says roses really grow well in half clay and half potting soil. Who could have guessed that? I have lots of clay in my garden so I expect these roses to do good things.

So, if you're looking for a good source to get your roses try Bridges.

• drswimit
    19 years ago

I have had great luck with Michigan Mini Roses as well as Nor'East and Sequoia. www.michiganminiroses.com

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County