Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cecily9_gw

indoor cultivation of miniature rose...

cecily9
15 years ago

I bought this poor little thing at a grocery store yesterday, in a tiny pot, so dry it was rattling around in the pot, all droopy and sad. I put it in a 10" with some worm castings, and actually a couple worms slid in there too, which should help with oxygenating the roots, and today it is much happier looking. It SAYS, on the label, that it could be grown in a pot and would grow to a foot tall. I know very little about roses. I know NOTHING about miniatures. I am, however, up for a challenge!

So I've been reading online, over and over, that they don't do well indoors, are really hard to grow indoors, etc, which is rather disappointing, but it seems to me that the main problems are

1. Size of pot

2. Needing organic matter mixed in

3. Having good drainage

IF it's in a big enough put (I have a 12" available, probably about 3 gallon size), gets plenty of organic matter (i.e. more worm castings from my worm bin) and I figure out some way to make it drain REALLY well - is keeping it inside possible? I know it will be difficult, but will it be possible? I'd love to try! I do have a south-facing window that I call my greenhouse, because it gets so warm and bright.

Thanks for any advice anyone has,

Cecily

Comments (2)

Sponsored