Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tredford2002

Mini rose thriving...But dying???

tredford2002
11 years ago

My wife and I are kind of new to the indoor plant scene, but I watched my Mom do it for years all growing up, so last year I caught the itch. I bought a yellow mini rose bush at the grocery for my wife, and re-potted it the next day in a 6 inch deep pot (he's just a little guy, no more than 9 inches tall and a foot wide.) I water it every 5 or 6 days or so, (Miracle grow every couple of weeks.) usually I stick my finger down into the dirt about an inch and a half to test if it's dry or not. If it's mostly dry I water.

It was doing okay for the first week or so, but for the last month it has steadily been having it's leaves turn yellow and die. Usually it's whole inch and a half branches at a time. It's still steadily growing new buds and leaves at the top though which has me confused. It's got 2 nice blooms on it right now, and 2 more budding up. But all of the lower branches branches and leaves are dying off.

I've never sprayed for spider mites, but I've done every test I've been able to find to see if it has them and haven't seen any evidence. It sits right next to a window so it get's about 5-6 hours of nearly direct sunlight. At a total loss for what's wrong with it...Help?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!