Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiny Petals Nursery Closes...

Posted by DorianRed z9 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 05 at 1:23

I just found out that May 22 will be their last mail order date.

http://www.tinypetalsnursery.com/

It's sad news for many of us here. The two roses I purchased from them - "Yantai" and "Old Fashioned Girl" have been extremely healthy and productive, giving me so many blooms for vases throughout the season.

I wish them happy retirement and best of luck.

(The note says that Greenheart Farms will begin to take mail orders for the Tiny Petals roses after July 5th.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiny Petals Nursery Closes...

Mixed feelings about it here. TPN is the only place we mail order roses from. (Carol and Richard are real time friends and we trust them to send us quality plants) All 19 we ordered in 2001 are still growing like crazy. We got the news a few weeks ago when we ordered more for this year. I talked to Carol on the phone and they are really looking forward to retiring and having time to play. I've been teasing Richard about going fishing more since they moved to Nevada. We may order a few we were going to wait until next year to get before May 22.
They are very excited about Greenheart's plans for the Dee Bennett collection. I hope they are right. Dee's minis are my favorites.

o

Greenheart farms currently owns Nor'East. Wow, I didn't know they also got TPN.

o

Interesting. At least the plant stock won't be lost, that's good news. And Greenheart's Nor'East plants are in nice band-like pots, and are very healthy. Thanks for the info.

o

Greenheart Farms has been doing a top notch job with the Nor 'East roses, so I expect they will carry on the Dee Bennett legacy with as much competence and skill. Be glad they took it over rather than having it close, permanently.

Paul

o

Wow...I'm WAY behind on rose news! Loved Tiny Petals and have also had very good roses from Nor'East. Looks like it all worked out for everyone though. I've got a couple of minis that are pulling at my heartstrings, so will contact Nor'East. My VERY best ever luck w/ a mini has been with one from Tiny Petals, named for her loyal helper, Ms. Mary. I've had her for numerous years, and she's always totally disease free and beautiful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here