Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmac_2008

Peach Delight Anyone?

jmac_2008
15 years ago

Is anyone growing Peach Delight? I'd love to know how it has performed for you. The blooms look beautiful on the Nor'east website.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• roadrunner23
    15 years ago

Peach Delight has been a poor performer for me. Small blooms with poor form on a weakly growing plant. It's on at least its third year. I'm about ready to give up on it.

Dave

• jmac_2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dave,
    Thanks for the info. I was attracted by Nor'East's description of 2.75 inch apricot blooms, but vendor descriptions and buyer experience are often not the same.

Has anyone else tried Peach Delight? Did it perform well?

Many thanks

• devilwoman
    14 years ago

I ordered four minis last year to plant in front of the front porch of the house I bought in fall of 2007, Hanky Panky, X-Rated, Peach Delight, and Double Gold. I had grown minis in whisky barrels at the apartment I lived in prior to buying a house and just love them. At the apartment I had occasional problems with aphids. While I've seen no aphids at the house, the whole neighborhood is full of blackspot. My neighbor has roses that come down with blackspot every year, but she does nothing to treat them.

Last year Double Gold seemed to suffer most from the blackspot. Both it and Hanky Panky stayed fairly compact. X-Rated and Peach Delight both grew quite large. This year I stated early spraying for the blackspot, but then we went through nearly two weeks of rain every single day. I couldn't get them sprayed again according to the schedule on the spray so the blackspot came again. It has nearly decimated every rose except Peach Delight and a Frederick Mistal (Romantica, not mini) at the other end of the yard. From the tiny little plant that arrived last year Peach Delight has grown to be nearly three feet tall and blooms profusely.

While the other two minis, not Double Gold, did quite well until the blackspot really hit them this year, Peach Delight has been really impressive in growth, blooming, and at least better resistance to blackspot than the others. I really wanted a variety of colors, but seeing how well Peach Delight has grown and survived in spite of the blackspot that has gotten nearly every leaf on the other minis, I almost think now I should have just bought four Peach Delights! I'm really very happy with mine.

All my minis are planted on the east side of the house.

Debra

• jmac_2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Debra,
    Thanks for the details on Peach Delight, Hank Panky, X-Rated and Double Gold. Normally, I steer away from minis that have been problematic for others. In this case I went ahead and purchased Peach Delight--just had to give those peachy blooms a shot.

I haven't had it long enough to assess it's performance, but I hope to have your success! I'm glad to read about 'impressive in growth and blooming' because that's what I'm after. Good to know about its blackspot resistence too.

• jont1
    14 years ago

I tried to grow Peach Delight twice with no luck. The plant just wasn't vigorous enough for me and died rather quickly.
    I won't try it again I don't think.
    JOhn

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    14 years ago

I saw the rose tonight at a neighbors house. It was 2 feet tall, lovely foliage and the blooms were gorgeous, the color perfect...

• hydranga57
    11 years ago

My son bought a Peach Delight for me about 4 years ago! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this rose! I don't have a green thumb like my dad did with roses, EXCEPT with this one! I never have any disease on it, it blooms continuously..........I would highly recommend. It's even in poor clay soil! Love it!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting