Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diggerdave_gw

Deb twisted my arm

diggerdave
19 years ago

until I ordered our minis for this year. Got her to cut the list to about 20 from 30+. Only 13 were available at the TPN website:

Bingo Queen

Cuddle Up

Georgette

Hanky Panky (Deb loves the name)

Irresistible (another one)

Jean Kenneally

Love ya Dad

Pucker Up

Rita Applegate

Sweet Arlene

White Chocolate

X Rated

Yantai

The ones we also wanted:

Grace Seward

Herbie

Josh

Mother's Love

MsMary

Rosey Dawn

Sweet Revenge

Tiny Petals

Yanked out a chokecherry and rototilled one of Deb's iris beds to make room for all the critters.

Comments (14)

• desertratrose
    19 years ago

Can't wait to see pictures!
    Suz

• ridgerunner14_wv
    19 years ago

Dang you Dave! Seeing your post just caused me to get 3 more minis. I lost both Hanky Panky (Deb's going to love her), and Yantai (another one to love) a while back and didn't know they were available again. The last time I checked they weren't, so my order went in today. Thanks so much! (I think) :)

So, just to return the favor, take a look at this gorgeous girl. I don't know how you missed putting her on your order. She is my very favorite mini and Tiny Petals currently has her again also. And after you look at Something For Judy, take a peek at Kay Denise. A more perfect pink rose there never was. And a very willing bloomer too! Oh, and I almost forgot, the third rose on the order is California Heart. I know nothing about her, but the bright orange/red coloring really reached out and grabbed me. Sometimes you've just got to take a chance. *smiles*

Darleen

Here is a link that might be useful: Something For Judy

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Suz, it will be a little while but you know that photos are coming :)

Darleen, Deb says I am vewy, vewy bad :) All the ones you mentioned were on the 30+ list. I may have to make more room and order them anyway. I talked to Carol on the phone Monday. She and Richard have decided to retire and are selling TPN to Greenheart Nursuries. The website will be updated this week to let everyone know. That pic of Something for Judy is great. Reminds me of a small Kordes' Perfecta. KP is a favorite here.

• clairewags
    19 years ago

Oooh- Something for Judy is nice!

I planted Ms. Mary from tiny petals last year- she survived our winter with just a mound of soil for winter cover. She is leafed out and ready for bloomin. I'll post pics when she does. : )

• ridgerunner14_wv
    19 years ago

I'm glad that you all like Something For Judy. She's even better in person. Her colors are more delicate when it is cool, then deepen as the weather warms.

I'll look forward to pics of all your new babies when the time comes Dave, and of Ms. Mary too Clairwags. She's one that I've been eyeing up for awhile. :) My shipping date isn't until late May :(, so it will be some time before I see blooms on the new ones, but buds are busting out all over on my present ones. They are all potted and are spending the cool days of spring in the unheated greenhouse and loving every minute. Darleen

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    19 years ago

Dave, stop blaming Deb. ;-))

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    19 years ago

But, but, but... its all her fault! I wouldn't do something like that. I would only have ordered 1 rose :) Don't tell anyone.... I pulled out 5 monster arbor vitae yesterday and made lots more room in the front yard. Deb twisted my arm to do that too. They were starting to shade some of HER favorite roses. Why do I get the feeling you aren't believing this bs??

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago

'Cause all the snow in Montana can't cover it up! ;-))

I hope "Deb" has pictures for us later this season!

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That obvious am I? Oh well :) Got word from Carol that Grace Seward, Herbie and Rosey Dawn will be included in the shipment.

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    18 years ago

They are here!!! LOL

• lassiedeb
    18 years ago

Digger, would love a report on Deb's Jean Keneally. I've wanted this one for a couple of years, but I hesitate because I can't tell what her true color is. I'm looking for the perfect soft peach color.
    I would love to have your feedback and maybe a pic or two
    later in the season when she blooms. Good luck with all those new beauties!
    Deb

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You don't have to ask twice :) {{gwi:1204473}} (thumbnail, click to see full photo) is one of the first blooms. Lots of pink in the color but I can see the apricot in there. I'm looking forward to seeing how she looks once she gets established. Jean already has more buds forming. She is the fastest grower/most vigorous of the new minis so far.

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1204474}} has almost as much new growth as Jean K. I wasn't expecting much fragrance and was surprised when I got close to take these. {{gwi:1204475}}

• petsitterbarb
    14 years ago

I just saw Grace Seward on the Nor'East site, and LOVE that look! Can anyone tell me how disease resistant she is? Anything else that would be good to know is appreciated, as well. The site lists roses in so many catagories, but not one for good disease resistance. Wish they did! Thanks for any help...

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH