16 years ago

Can you give me some ideas of where the best online

sources of minis are. I am looking for vendors who

ship out nice healthy substantial plants....not little

spindly things. Thanks !!!

Comments (7)

• priszm
    16 years ago

I ordered from Nor'East and John's Miniatures. While the plants I received from Nor'East were definitly much larger in size, my mini's from John's are working hard to catch up. I've had John's in their pots roughly 6 weeks now, except one and that one I received and potted about a week and a half to two weeks ago. All are doing very well. In fact, the last one I received Incognito, already has a bud on it! So although I was surprised at the size of the plants, I would order from John's again. Additionally, I ordered Seattle Scentsation from Nor'East and while I love the color and the scent (which I can only smell up close), it blooms/opens way too fast. Glowing Amber has been a fabulous slow opener so I've been able to enjoy the color more. On the plus side to Seattle, it's my most prolific bloomer so far. I also have Snow Ruby (while pretty, mine is definitly different than the pic), Chasing Rainbows (working on opening right now), Cinderella Kordana from a grocery store, and Ring of Fire.

• priszm
    16 years ago

If you're interested, you can follow this link to my pics. I also have more in Photobucket under username Priszm.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

• roseaholic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Priszm for that in depth report on your vendors
    you have ordered from and your experiences with minis
    from them. I may just have to do like you and order
    from both!!!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

In addition to Nor'East and Johns, Bridges Roses, Almost Heaven Roses and Rosemania.com also send out large healthy plants.

• mike_in_new_orleans
    16 years ago

The Uncommon Rose and Sequoia Nursery also both carry a selection of minis, along with their other roses. Chamblees has a limited list. Chamblees is a great nursery, great shipping rates, too. But I haven't ordered any of their minis.

• joebar
    16 years ago

to roseaholic: try Select Roses here in Langley, B.C. Canada. they are just down the street from my house. i dont know if they are shipping this late in the season, but these guys are serious about roses. the owner, Brad Jalbert, is also a hybridizer. he's got many of his creations for sale.ferrari vs. yugo

• joan_fay
    16 years ago

Sorry my last post on Popcorn I said I purchaed it at Moores - actually it's Sequoia Nursery. I visit in person as my daughter lives in Exeter. We were just there for ten days and her garden club had a meeting at Sequoia Nursery.
    I learned how to propigate - what fun.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider