Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meezers4me

Help! Is there any hope for Baldo Villegas?

meezers4me
12 years ago

Hi all - I am currently trying to save my MFL Baldo Villegas and was looking for any tips/advice. Here is Baldo's sad story....

I got him along with Blue Suede Shoes and Tulsa Town during the early part of March. I potted them up, fertilized them and gradually moved them into the full sun. All seemed to be going well, Baldo had new red growth and seemed relatively happy. Three weeks later as April approached, we started getting some high 80s to 90 degree days here in DFW, and that's when I got the bright idea.....to try Jaz spray in hopes of helping my little guys (have a mini/MFL container garden of about 20) handle the heat out here. In my defense, I lost several little new guys last year and I'm still not quite sure why, but I suspected the heat played a part in their demise.

So, back to Baldo, I mixed up the lowest strength solution, sprayed a test patch on one my bigger guys early one AM, checked the next AM and all looked fine. Based on that I started spraying everyone. I sprayed early in the AM when it was cool and windy, so it should have dried quickly and not burned. No one else complained but Baldo. Over the course of the next several days, all of his leaves withered up along with the very tippy

top of his canes.

Although its been about a week now since he lost all his leaves, his main cane is green and seems strong and I do see some tiny points of red on it. I have moved him to a spot where he gets morning sun and then dappled afternoon light, and I've given him a small dose of Superthrive. Is there any hope for his recovery, or anything else I can do to help him along?

I will check on how to post a photo as that might be helpful.

Comments (3)

Sponsored